BOX1

DIY Snorkel

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Okay, so I want to snorkel my rig, but don't want to pay the crazy prices. I know some people have built their own. So I'm asking to see pictures of what y'all have, measurements, and instructions on how y'all did it.

However, I'm not going to give up my passenger cup holder.

I'm looking mostly for behind the seat snorkels.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

B

Bunk

Apr 1, 2016
San Mateo, Florida
There isn't enough room behind the seat because of all the cross members and frame. There is a kit that has a collapsed hose that you fish up behind the seat.

This is my friends. Cost him about $30.

E81081ce75b47398ab100d090f84195d

Reactions: Rincon
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Here's mine, cheap and effective. Make it as high as you want. The only cutting is the hood and it can be replaced easy if you choose to revert back to stock.

668b729aaa01b197df01bb9d6ee22151

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
There isn't enough room behind the seat because of all the cross members and frame. There is a kit that has a collapsed hose that you fish up behind the seat.

View attachment 13535
Only problem with that is I have a 2 piece windshield.

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Here's mine, cheap and effective. Make it as high as you want. The only cutting is the hood and it can be replaced easy if you choose to revert back to stock.

View attachment 13536

Sent from my iPhone 10s
I love the looks of yours and have all the stuff in my cart on Amazon, but I think it will be a little much with the Tough Country bumper.

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas

View attachment 13535
I wish I could find what hose they used. I know which one you're talking about, I just don't want to pay the $205 for it

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Before I installed my snorkel I should've ran to Huntsville AL and visited the Grainger store. I bet those guys could find the hose used in that kit.

Reactions: Tot and joeymt33
Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
I was going around to the hardware stores trying to find some sort of hose to use to snorkel my rig. Came to tractor supply and saw a water pump hose about 2" round. I may get some and try to build a snorkel using it

Reactions: educ8tedguess
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is it metal reinforced? Hope it works

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Is it metal reinforced? Hope it works
It has ribs in it, not sure if it's metal or not. I can hardly get the hose to flex squeezing with both hands. I think I'm going to get some next week and see what I come up with

Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes that is the pick up hose for a water pump. It is very stiff so the hose doesn't collapse during pumping. It is metal reinforced. This hose should work for you.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I was thinking about using blu-lock irrigation pipe which has thin walls but is very strong. 4 x 1 inch hoses has the same area as a 2 inch hose.
Use a manifold on each side of the tight spot (top and bottom) and 5 or 6 x 1 inch hoses. Maybe someone can turn that concept into a good idea.

I just went and looked at mine to see how tight it would be. With the hard back panel - forget it, unless you want to cut a lot of plastic.

Back to joeymt33's design for me - which I've always liked.

I don.t think the blu-lock pipe would work due to the size of the fittings to build a manifold - but the multiple smaller hose idea might work with some other type of hose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tot
Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
I was thinking about using blu-lock irrigation pipe which has thin walls but is very strong. 4 x 1 inch hoses has the same area as a 2 inch hose.
Use a manifold on each side of the tight spot (top and bottom) and 5 or 6 x 1 inch hoses. Maybe someone can turn that concept into a good idea.

I just went and looked at mine to see how tight it would be. With the hard back panel - forget it, unless you want to cut a lot of plastic.

Back to joeymt33's design for me - which I've always liked.

I don.t think the blu-lock pipe would work due to the size of the fittings to build a manifold - but the multiple smaller hose idea might work with some other type of hose.
If I could get it flatten and hold its shape it could work. But I may end up just buying the one from eBay or like Joey

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I could get it flatten and hold its shape it could work. But I may end up just buying the one from eBay or like Joey

Maybe the one from tractor supply will work. You may have to experiment with pressure when you try to flatten it. If you can get the metal to bend, I think you'll have it made. I like Joey's design but having something sticking out in front of me would get on my nerves lol.

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Maybe the one from tractor supply will work. You may have to experiment with pressure when you try to flatten it. If you can get the metal to bend, I think you'll have it made. I like Joey's design but having something sticking out in front of me would get on my nerves lol.
I've also got the Tough Country bumper on order and I think the snorkel up there would be a little much.

Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Drive over the hose with your truck with something like a 1x4 on each side so that it won't completely flatten out.

Reactions: Delton and Tot
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Drive over the hose with your truck with something like a 1x4 on each side so that it won't completely flatten out.
That there is a really good idea. I'm not sure how thick my hose is crushed but it's pretty flat. I can measure it if you need me to

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!