Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
C6106ED8 A0C9 459B A046 5094F15B86A5

Yes, if you want to hang with the big dogs.

This is looking down Primroy V-notch.
Going down was easy.
Going up in the morning it took 3 tries to get over the lip.
But it did it with out winching.
(Torq locker, stock wheels and tires, stock skid plate (that is next on my list) no power steering because Easy Steer is the devil).

8A85F174 0885 475A 82D7 2D7FF1F5FC61

My observations, I worried much less about momentum to get over stuff.
It seamed like the shift shock was a little worse, almost like there was a second kick as the drive line slack reached the front diff.
Or it was just plain cold ( 30deg today).

The belly still dragged on everything and the ride was rough (no change from stock).

Over all I was very pleased.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
After watching @lee's pioneer 500 on stock tires do what it did this weekend......
Big.. YES. All 500's need the locker.
Well, it only took...what, 7 years to get a bed? So maybe in 2028 we'll get a factory locker.

I'd still like to see an "XC" version of the 520. For a while, polaris made a slightly wider version of the 50" rzr called an XC or something. I want to say it was like 54" wide, and I think some of that was wheels.
Take a 520 and give it slightly longer arms and a little more travel...say 8-9" and think about tuning it so that it absorbs bumps this time. If those arms go forward and/or back for a touch more wheelbase, all the better. Then add the locking diff that's sitting on the parts shelf. 25's or 26", since people will put what they want. Factory flares like the old S rzrs to cover the width without plastic changes. I think I'd be a neat machine. Hell...i might buy one again.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!