Do you keep your Honda under a tarp or ?

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Locked garage most of the time. We don't use all of the space for cars. I also have my utility trailer in the garage. When we need to use the garage for a kids car, (or 3 when they come home to visit), my storage room in the basement is big enough to store about 3 P520s. My avatar shows part of the storage room with kayaks on the wall. I could also in a pinch, store a few machines under the covered deck. I would need to cover them as the cats would claim them for play toys.

Thorney

Thorney

Mar 21, 2021
Minnesota / Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
I keep my 700-4D in a detached garage at my cabin. It's great having indoor storage for all the toys, tools and equipment. Mice are definitely a problem. I keep tons of traps out year round. Don't catch many mice in the summer, but I catch quite a few in the fall winter. So far I have had no damage to machines.

R

rickoshea

mine has it's own heated garage.all my metric tools,tracks,windshields,tires,miscellaneous parts,jacks,stands, plow and fluids just for the pioneer as well. i keep it half @ssed locked but insurance is my go to. the keys are probably in the ignition.i know my boat keys are always in the boat.

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Keep mine in my 3 stall garage. I also have Decon scattered around all year long. Those dang mice play havoc on electrical systems. My son works for a local powersport shop and they repair/replace wire harnesses on a regular basis. 🤑🤑🤑

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
My Pioneer is pampered and spoiled. It sleeps in it's own space in a secure garage.

IMG 1997

G

Gunsite Guy

Apr 19, 2021
Trinidad, Co
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
My P500 stays mostly in the garage. It is my Sporting Clays cart and spends a most of the time in the Toy Hauler and at tournaments. My P1000 sits right off the porch during the day when we are home. We use it most everyday. At night and if we expect inclement weather, I put it in my Cargo Trailer. It fits inside even with snow plow. When we go on the road with TH and P500, the P1000 goes in the garage.

Mouse are a huge problem for me and I have an aggressive trapping and poison regiment. My detached garage was no deterrent. The still got in to my truck. On that note, last year was the worse any of us (friends from here to Taos and beyond) had ever seen. I haven't seen a single mouse since March and nary a chipmunk since late fall last year. Those I shoot with a .22 or .410.

s/f Steve

S

Sr56

May 6, 2019
Murfreesboro
My Pioneer stays in the basement at the cabin. Never had any mice in the basement or house.

For the first time ever I had a mouse on the pontoon a few weeks back. We were out for a ride and keep hearing a squeaking noise as we rode down river. Couldn’t figure out what it was until the darn thing decided to come out of hiding right there on the Bimini rails. I stopped the boat to get the paddle and broom after it but it fell off the outside railing and started swimming towards the bank.

Note to self - clean the pontoon after having the grandkids with snacks on the boat for 5 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I keep my P5 and 3 Honda ATVs in two 8 X 20 (used) shipping containers on our property that we do most of our riding on. When one needs maintenance and/or a bath, I bring them back to the house, about 45 minutes away. Never have any problems with varmits. The containers are weather tight, and the floors are treated with pesticides.

IMG 0777
IMG 0774
Container 1

Last edited:
G

Gunsite Guy

Apr 19, 2021
Trinidad, Co
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
This fat f*** just gets on my nerves most of the time but he's always on the prowl. Will jump out of nowhere and wrap your ankle for a second and then he's gone, just to say "got your ass"! He's a mouse's worst nightmare.

View attachment 291099
You could spell out Fart, we are all adults, at least legally :^)

s/f Steve

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
We had a rodent problem last year. Then my wife adopted 2 barn cats. Now we have 4 cats and the only mice I see are hanging out of their mouths. But they have also spooked the turkeys and deer away from the house. And I'm tired of them using flower pots and mulch beds as litter boxes. I guess you can't win...

R

rickoshea

We had a rodent problem last year. Then my wife adopted 2 barn cats. Now we have 4 cats and the only mice I see are hanging out of their mouths. But they have also spooked the turkeys and deer away from the house. And I'm tired of them using flower pots and mulch beds as litter boxes. I guess you can't win...
i've suddenly developed a marmot infestation.they've burrowed under my sxs garage,my woodshed,under my dust extractor shed and my boat/fishing gear storage shed.they are reasonably harmless so i'll leave them be.....for now.

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
My P1000-3 has its own stall in the garage. I keep it insured year-round. I've had little problems with mice, but I keep a "walk-the plank" bucket trap out for them. Drown one every now and then...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!