P500 Doors

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
But thats just my story of optima im sure many other have had good experiences with them

Reactions: p500fan
mrjeff42

mrjeff42

Mar 22, 2015
lagrange georgia
Ownership

1. 500
Still have to install my battery kit, winch, and auxiliary lighting. Probably get started on that next week, if my Optima battery comes in.
i put a 2nd battery under the hood... i run my winch and light bar off it
IMG 0170 IMG 0167 IMG 0169

Last edited by a moderator:
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I also like your second battery setup. I almost went that way with 2 Gold wing batteries, but decided to go with one group 34/35 battery instead. I've never heard anything but good about Optima batteries, until jak9922 told about his experiences. Now I'm beginning to wonder. Oh well, its only money. Ha!

Reactions: mrjeff42
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
But thats just my story of optima im sure many other have had good experiences with them
jak9922, I'm sorry to hear about your problems with Optima batteries. Now I'm wondering if this is the best route for me to go. I was also looking at Lithium batteries as a weight savings alternative route. Have you had any experience with them? I have always changed out portable welders, lawn tractors, and mowers with regular car batteries for extended life and more cranking amps. I wanted a spill-proof battery for my P500, and the Optima came highly recommended. I'm not, however, committed to any brand or type. I just want it to work within my parameters. I'm willing to listen to advice from anyone, so don't hesitate to speak up. I'm pretty thick-skinned, so you probably won't offend me. Ha!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
While we are on the topic of optima batteries. In the fleet of equipment that I lease to customers, they all come with two yellow tops or two blue tops. We have tried several different batteries, but the Optima battery seem to hold up longer in a rough environment. The environment is lots of vibration, washed down, and usually deep cycles.

I wish I could find the picture, at one time I had over 50 blue tops in my shop.

We've yet to have a failure. With the exception of some dying after year five. We deep cycle the batteries 4 days per week every week though.

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
While we are on the topic of optima batteries. In the fleet of equipment that I lease to customers, they all come with two yellow tops or two blue tops. We have tried several different batteries, but the Optima battery seem to hold up longer in a rough environment. The environment is lots of vibration, washed down, and usually deep cycles.

I wish I could find the picture, at one time I had over 50 blue tops in my shop.

We've yet to have a failure. With the exception of some dying after year five. We deep cycle the batteries 4 days per week every week though.
Okay, these are the type of stories that I've heard about Optimas. I am still concerned about what jak9922 had to say. Now that I've looked again, I would ask that ANYONE with experience with the lithium batteries come forward and give me another opinion. I have found some reasonably priced ones that will ship to AK. Still weighing options, so advice/experiences are welcome.

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
that is what I was hoping I got out of mine but no such luck and I have a lithium in my bike for 2 yrs now with no problem at all

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Okay, these are the type of stories that I've heard about Optimas. I am still concerned about what jak9922 had to say. Now that I've looked again, I would ask that ANYONE with experience with the lithium batteries come forward and give me another opinion. I have found some reasonably priced ones that will ship to AK. Still weighing options, so advice/experiences are welcome.

I dont have experience with lithium except in some of my electronics, but I bought one Optima in my life and will never buy another. Had a red top in my Jeep that died in less than 6 months. Optima would not honor the warranty and said there was something wrong with my Jeep. Went to walmart and bought a cheap everstart and it worked great for many yrs...

Reactions: jak9922
advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
:confused: Clicked on hear to read about doors on a P500 and got lost in an optima battery debate :eek::D

Reactions: jak9922 and p500fan
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
:confused: Clicked on hear to read about doors on a P500 and got lost in an optima battery debate :eek::D
Sorry about that JACKAL. We kinda went on a tangent. I did start a new thread, but this one had already gotten legs. Ha!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Sorry about that JACKAL. We kinda went on a tangent. I did start a new thread, but this one had already gotten legs. Ha!
No apologies needed, been there done that myself. Just had to laugh out loud about the irony.

Reactions: p500fan
J

jpfles

Oct 19, 2015
I fell they are very poor quality. If I could return them I would.