P1000 DragonFire canvas softTop

michdave

michdave

Apr 28, 2019
Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just a thought on the hardtop, I bet you could install some sound-absorbing material that would eliminate a lot of that. On my dirtbike, the aluminum skid plate added a lot of resonating, and simple piece of foam between the engine and skid damn-near eliminated it.

They selling black sound deadening material with 3M tape for sound-addicts and their cars. I'm betting that some of that, or thing foam on the top of the underside of a hardtop would absorb much of that and increase cabin comfort.

I totally get that they're never going to be super quiet like a car, or even a jeep for that matter, but there is a big difference in machines that have the engine below the passengers as apposed to those that have the engines behind the cabin. Just comparing the Pioneer (1000 and 700), my brother's Yamaha X4, and my father's Mule Pro FXT...The Mule is way quieter in the cab. My dad has some tiny little blue-tooth stereo in his cab and you can hear that almost as clear as my huge-ass Infinity sound bar unless I crank the volume way up. (One exception though is a the Polaris....gawd.. those engines and clutches are loud. Ugh...sound like cement mixers full of bolts after a few hundred miles. Remind me of the older dry-clutched Ducati's. LOL)

Don't get me wrong....I love the Honda. With my toy hauler size, it was the only option without upgrading the trailer, then a larger truck to pull it,...etc etc....LOL My pocket book couldn't handle that at the moment. First world problems I guess....

Sorry to wander off subject! Hope you're all happy with the tops.

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!