Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hmmmmm, I might try that

That’s what I do all the time. Me and wife wear the lap only until there is an unsafe condition.

Also, I have found that I can take one strap from the drivers side and Velcro it to the passenger side strap and that way there’s only one strap behind the driver and one behind the passenger. Additionally, the one strap that I sit on when not in use fits between the upper seat back and the lower cushion so I don’t know it’s there.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That’s what I do all the time. Me and wife wear the lap only until there is an unsafe condition.

Also, I have found that I can take one strap from the drivers side and Velcro it to the passenger side strap and that way there’s only one strap behind the driver and one behind the passenger. Additionally, the one strap that I sit on when not in use fits between the upper seat back and the lower cushion so I don’t know it’s there.
Velcros a good idea.

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Added a spare today:
20180404 0938131 20180404 1004021 20180404 1041211

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yeah on order

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Just get the 2 inchers that way every one will leave you alone, except every one will be comparing that to your unseen man hood! HA!

Reactions: nbomar
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now I remember what I didn't like about harnesses.o_O Too much of a pain in the arse when I want to hop in and run down the driveway or up the ridge for a minute.. Takes longer to get into it than the trip and if you don't put it on you got to sit on the dayyum thing. Also my arms are almost as short as @JTW's so when I'm strapped in I can barely reach the gear knob.;)
View attachment 68638
That is one option I have NO desire to add. Short of full blown racing, I just can not see the need for it and surely have no desire to wear it. Since the Pioneer is a utility machine, it wont be raced. Most the time I don't even use the seat belt, unless it is REAL serious stuff ahead.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is one option I have NO desire to add. Short of full blown racing, I just can not see the need for it and surely have no desire to wear it. Since the Pioneer is a utility machine, it wont be raced. Most the time I don't even use the seat belt, unless it is REAL serious stuff ahead.

The best seatbelts in the world don’t work if they aren’t on. I’ve seen and heard some horror stories. Very badass rock bouncer driver died in the parking lot last year at an event that would have been comical if a seat belt had been on. Good friend rolled his Jeep off a trailer loading when a tire slipped off the ramp... plenty more to go around. This is just my advice and it’s worth what you paid for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The best seatbelts in the world don’t work if they aren’t on. I’ve seen and heard some horror stories. Very badass rock bouncer driver died in the parking lot last year at an event that would have been comical if a seat belt had been on. Good friend rolled his Jeep off a trailer loading when a tire slipped off the ramp... plenty more to go around. This is just my advice and it’s worth what you paid for it.

Yep, well aware of all that. Don't feel the need for it while tooling around. I was raised standing up in the back of a pickup, so I still see things somewhat different. Like I said, when riding in hairy terrain or trying stupid stuff is when I use the shoulder straps.

PS ..... also I ride a bicycle and horses without a helmet!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Very sad, enough said. I will be wearing mine!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Things happen really quickly though and all that were there for our incident at the Takeover last year know that.
We were just cruising behind Hondasxs at a reasonable speed considering the easy trail when the machine barely bottomed out on a buried rock that was sticking out only a few inches. It brought us to a dead hault after bouncing the nose up several feet. We dug it out of the ground and it turned into a 200+pound boulder that took two of us to get out of the trail. We had pretty nasty seat belt welts and some whiplash. Tore the s*** out of the machine. It happened stupid fast and couldn’t be avoided. Had we not been wearing seatbelts we would’ve went through the windshield without a doubt.

Last edited:
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just get the 2 inchers that way every one will leave you alone, except every one will be comparing that to your unseen man hood! HA!
Only you and the other light in the loafers guy JTWo_O
You're awfully quick to give him that much credit!!!!!
You are the only smart one:D
It won't be added on mine either... Why do you think they are making such a big deal about it?;)
How come everythings small?
Because I don't have a "small man's" syndrome like others on here. I have nothing to prove to you zipperheads.;):D
One more thing, don't fall for @Tigermark's instigating. Or maybe y'all are a bunch of followers and need someone to look up to. In that case run your nose up his arse some more.:rolleyes::)
Cya all at takeover. I'll be the good looking one without whips!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!