TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This may be in the wrong area...

I was thinking of you have a scissor jack and a cordless drill, and you need a cordless impact wrench for lug nuts....

Can you just use the impact and not hammer the jack so you don't have to carry two tools?

I'm afraid the impact could damage the screw threads on the jack, even if you're careful.

Does anyone have experience with that?

Thanks

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I have a DeWalt DCF891 1/2" mid-torque impact wrench (the best mid-torque by a mile: 800+ ft-lb breakaway, 600 ft-lbs fastening (claimed)). It has four different mode settings three speeds, a variable speed trigger, plus Precision Wrench mode (torques until it senses the nut has either broken away or is seated, then slows down -- so you don't send your nuts (nohomo) across the room or overtighten).

I would have zero issues using it on a scissor jack. In fact, my DeWalt drill/driver, while still a decent unit, would likely NOT be able to lift the SXS on a scissor jack.

Have you actually tried them out with the jack?

Last edited:
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
People in the RV community have been using impacts on their leveling jacks for years. With the lack of constant use compared to a leveling jack, I wouldn't personally hesitate using an impact on a scissor jack to save time and/or tools carried. With the weight of a SXS compared to a smaller car, it should be pretty damn easy to lift by hand, if required.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I second what @Scoop said.
You can use the impact without screwing anything up

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a DeWalt DCF891 1/2" mid-torque impact wrench (the best mid-torque by a mile: 800+ ft-lb breakaway, 600 ft-lbs fastening (claimed)). It has four different mode settings three speeds, a variable speed trigger, plus Precision Wrench mode (torques until it senses the nut has either broken away or is seated, then slows down -- so you don't send your nuts (nohomo) across the room or overtighten).

I would have zero issues using it on a scissor jack. In fact, my DeWalt drill/driver, while still a decent unit, would likely NOT be able to lift the SXS on a scissor jack.

Have you actually tried them out with the jack?
I haven't tried that. Didn't want to find out, after the fact, others had and it didn't turn out well

I feel better about trying it, now.
Thanks

Reactions: EMAW and Smitty335
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
People in the RV community have been using impacts on their leveling jacks for years. With the lack of constant use compared to a leveling jack, I wouldn't personally hesitate using an impact on a scissor jack to save time and/or tools carried. With the weight of a SXS compared to a smaller car, it should be pretty damn easy to lift by hand, if required.
Thanks Neohio
I don't have experience in the RV area. Learned something new .
Thanks

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
fwiw: I'd be more worried about battery failure on the tool than mechanical failure on the jack. Be sure you have tools to use if the much more complicated driver fails so someone else can change the tire if necessary.

I've thought about 'what tools' but never actually tried them out until this happened. Luckily, I had everything necessary for the change, 30 miles from camp.
I jCmL2LS X2

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
fwiw: I'd be more worried about battery failure on the tool than mechanical failure on the jack. Be sure you have tools to use if the much more complicated driver fails so someone else can change the tire if necessary.

I've thought about 'what tools' but never actually tried them out until this happened. Luckily, I had everything necessary for the change, 30 miles from camp.
View attachment 398605
Thank you CID. I'm a believer in redundancy.. fuses, soft shackles, pressure bandages, QuickClot, tire plugs, USB cords and portable battery packs for phones/, radios, lithium battery jumper pack, water/snacks, TP ( women think you're a genius), etc.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Works, but as others have said, block the wheels and or lock the hillbilly brake. These jacks are not that stable outside a concrete floor. IMO
And one further observation, trailer scissor jacks are for stability and leveling, not jacking. There is a difference.
20230805 142516

advertisement
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Works, but as others have said, block the wheels and or lock the hillbilly brake. These jacks are not that stable outside a concrete floor. IMO
And one further observation, trailer scissor jacks are for stability and leveling, not jacking. There is a difference.
View attachment 398626
Where did you get that little gizmo on the right end of the jack to adapt it to an impact wrench and what's it called? That looks much better than welding a nut on and lots of people don't have access to a welder.

Reactions: Lochsa88 and TxDoc
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 398626
Thank you for that Dirtstiffs-1000

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where did you get that little gizmo on the right end of the jack to adapt it to an impact wrench and what's it called? That looks much better than welding a nut on and lots of people don't have access to a welder.
I'm sure he'll come back and post. I ordered from Amazon

TONDA Scissor Jack Adapter for 1/2 Inch Impact Wrench or 13/16 Inch Lug Wrench, Scissor Jack Drill Adapter for Impact Drills Socket Automotive Jack RV Trailer Leveling Jack

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0793PJBB6?tag=sxsweb24-20

eBay has the adapters, too.

Last edited:
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm sure he'll come back and post. I ordered from Amazon

TONDA Scissor Jack Adapter for 1/2 Inch Impact Wrench or 13/16 Inch Lug Wrench, Scissor Jack Drill Adapter for Impact Drills Socket Automotive Jack RV Trailer Leveling Jack

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0793PJBB6?tag=sxsweb24-20

eBay has the adapters, too.

Ordered from your link. 👍

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!