TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've have Honda ATVs since 1997 and a 2004 Yamaha Rhino.

A long time ago, I ran Slime in my tires.

I don't any longer as the Pioneer will go so fast and I don't want since kind of induced imbalance causing since kind of vibration and instability, or some other problem.

I carry these, now, as they are reinforced and cure to the tire material and are waterproof.

TECH Permacure Tire Repair Kit - The Ideal Size Tire Repairs and Tools for Passenger Cars, Light Trucks, SUVs, Trailers, ATVs, Golf Carts, Farm Equipment and More (8 Repairs) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LFSVPNG?tag=sxsweb24-20

I'll probably jinx myself....
I've never had a flat. But, I want an "out" and not be trapped in a corner.

I am looking for a basic, small, jack that I can operate with one hand, as I can't use my left hand due to a stroke.

I've even looked at these bags that use your exhaust from the tail pipe for trucks, but smaller. But, they cost a lot and take up a lot of room

Seems like people in here have either figured out the best solution or know someone who did, and might have a suggestion.

I don't do rock crawling or neck deep mud riding. I'm mostly on dirt roads and trails, pavement, and hay fields.

Maybe a simple HF bottle jack and a square piece is scrap aluminum as a foot? I don't know.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

I carry an 18 volt Milwaukee tools impact wrench and socket to change a tire and a backup simple hand tool if the battery tool happens to fail

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Try out a scissor jack from the trunk of your car. You can use the cordless impact to raise and lower it. And they are small
That's what I was going to suggest. I have this one but haven't needed to use it yet. I welded a nut on it to be able to use my impact. I'm sure there are other brands with a nut already on it.

BIG RED T10152 Torin Steel Scissor Lift Jack Car Kit, 1.5 Ton (3,000 lb) Capacity, Red https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004PX8BC2?tag=sxsweb24-20

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I carry a bottle jack in a case under the drivers seat in my rig. Never had to use it yet.

Battery and jack

Couldn't help but think of this though...

Simple jack thumb 1200w

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would recommend the scissor jack or bottle jack as mentioned above.

My choice if I were in your situation would be the scissor jack with cordless impact to raise and lift. The scissor jack is lighter and easier to maneuver. It also has a taller lift capability.

If I can add to your repair kit.....

Colby externally installation capable valve stems.

Sidewall slug from our club store.

If you are comfortable with it. A tire seating fire fluid. I personally use brake clean. I have been a mechanic now for 16 years. I prefer brake clean for it's multi use capability. I use a stick lighter to keep my hands away. A little goes a long way.

Here is an example if you have ever been curious of the process.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
If you are comfortable with it. A tire seating fire fluid. I personally use brake clean. I have been a mechanic now for 16 years. I prefer brake clean for it's multi use capability. I use a stick lighter to keep my hands away. A little goes a long way.

I prefer the rope and screwdriver method.

Or you can use a ratchet strap.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would recommend the scissor jack or bottle jack as mentioned above.

My choice if I were in your situation would be the scissor jack with cordless impact to raise and lift. The scissor jack is lighter and easier to maneuver. It also has a taller lift capability.

If I can add to your repair kit.....

Colby externally installation capable valve stems.

Sidewall slug from our club store.

Nothin like the smell of burning phosgene gas in the morning.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't carry one because I can walk back to the house or hitch a ride where I'm at but if I went on the trails the scissor jack would be my choice. You can take to one out of your truck or get one at the junkyard. But if you forget the jack you can use a log to drive up on and raise your tire off the ground. How to Change a Tire on the Trail

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you for all the information, suggestions and help.

I bought a HF scissor jack and one of their canvas till bags to keep the jack and accessories like tire plugs, inside.

I also bought one of these too use with the electric drill..

TONDA Scissor Jack Adapter for 1/2 Inch Impact Wrench or 13/16 Inch Lug Wrench, Scissor Jack Drill Adapter for Impact Drills Socket Automotive Jack RV Trailer Leveling Jack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0793PJBB6?tag=sxsweb24-20

Thank you, an again.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
That's what I was going to suggest. I have this one but haven't needed to use it yet. I welded a nut on it to be able to use my impact. I'm sure there are other brands with a nut already on it.

BIG RED T10152 Torin Steel Scissor Lift Jack Car Kit, 1.5 Ton (3,000 lb) Capacity, Red https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004PX8BC2?tag=sxsweb24-20
If anyone is interested, it's a bit less expensive here.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If anyone is interested, it's a bit less expensive here.

Yea gotta watch Amazon and their prices. It'll be one price today and different tomorrow

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just ordered one to replace my heavy duty Farm(sheep herder's) jack, I seldom use.
Figured I'd shed some weight and create space.
I looked at several models of car jacks, but price and jack surface cap configurations, pushed me off the fence to order a Tusk and move on.

The Tusk is 2 Ton rated.
Tusk will expand - raise 18", whereas many of the others only raise 15" or less.
I bought it with the roll bar mount.
Reasonable reviews.
Cheaper through Rock Mtn Atv.
I'll give it a test run Saturday, when it arrives.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!