P500 Driver Side Seat Belt

T

TN8S

Jan 5, 2017
Hollywood, SC
Ownership

1. 500
Wanted to know if anyone has had any problems with the driver's side seat belt. I has a little "anomaly" a few weeks ago where I tipped over on the right side. Luckily I had on my seat belt (which did its' job) and riding solo. The seat belt coupler was bent over and the seat belt plastic slide was broken off. After that, while in automatic when I first start engine and proceed forward (some not all of the time) it won't let me go over 14 mph so I have to stop completely switch to MT then back to AT before the AT will cycle through all the gears. Not sure if there was a lot of stress put on the assembly or not. Use as is, replace......? Suggestions welcome!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Wanted to know if anyone has had any problems with the driver's side seat belt. I has a little "anomaly" a few weeks ago where I tipped over on the right side. Luckily I had on my seat belt (which did its' job) and riding solo. The seat belt coupler was bent over and the seat belt plastic slide was broken off. After that, while in automatic when I first start engine and proceed forward (some not all of the time) it won't let me go over 14 mph so I have to stop completely switch to MT then back to AT before the AT will cycle through all the gears. Not sure if there was a lot of stress put on the assembly or not. Use as is, replace......? Suggestions welcome!
Tipped over in the P5, surely not!!! Cut and splice the wire like we do on our riding mower seats. You can still wear the seatbelt when you're riding in rough terrain, but won't have to when it's not necessary but you'd like to be putting along in 5th at 20mph.

D

Deleted member 3748

Honda will probably be more than happy to replace that seat belt free of charge. It's a safety item and they don't want a lawsuit. They replaced the seat belt for free in my 10 year old Civic and I bought it used.

Reactions: Montecresto
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'd be very surprised if they don't replace it. Honda warrants seat belts for life (in their cars), as piston mentioned. Should also apply to the pioneer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!