P1000 Drivers side sagging?

NMhuntingGuide

NMhuntingGuide

Aug 24, 2017
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, just picked up a P1000 5 Seater, 150 miles on it and the drivers side is sagging considerably more than the passenger side. Front end is about 2" lower. Anybody else have this issue? Fixes?

Reactions: Rincon
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Bent upper control arm,bent upper shock mount or bad shock? What's the angle of the wheel look like. Tire pressures matter a lot.
Any pics?

Last edited:
NMhuntingGuide

NMhuntingGuide

Aug 24, 2017
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 3491
IMG 3490
Bent upper control arm,bent upper shock mount or bad shock? What's the angle of the wheel look like. Tire pressures matter a lot.
Any pics?

I'll check all those. I didn't even think about the shock mount....

Reactions: sharp and Rincon
NMhuntingGuide

NMhuntingGuide

Aug 24, 2017
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's pretty clear it's not even in the front. Since that is not a deluxe model, is there a chance the preload isn't set even on the rear shocks?
That is a solid chance. I'm a newbie for this pioneer, could you help a guy out and explain how to set it correctly? I've got over 8000 miles on my can am commander but I needed to upgrade to carry more people due to work demands.... I know nada about these buggies other than they are awesome

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Does it feel different side to side in corners? I'd jack it up and measure the shock length by the bolt holes on each side. Like Todd said that ain't right. Looks like everything is in order with a arms but suspect something is amiss with a shock unless unlikely chance of upper mount. There is no adjustment to the control it is preset. Does the back do the same thing?

Reactions: sharp and Rincon
NMhuntingGuide

NMhuntingGuide

Aug 24, 2017
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does it feel different side to side in corners? I'd jack it up and measure the shock length by the bolt holes on each side. Like Todd said that ain't right. Looks like everything is in order with a arms but suspect something is amiss with a shock unless unlikely chance of upper mount. There is no adjustment to the control it is preset. Does the back do the same thing?
I'll pull it into the shop and measure. My guess was a bad shock but i don't have enough miles to really be familiar with it. Feels ok driving but it's a noticeable sag just sitting

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'll pull it into the shop and measure. My guess was a bad shock but i don't have enough miles to really be familiar with it. Feels ok driving but it's a noticeable sag just sitting
Mine had a sag at one time too, developed instantly on a trail while excavating rocks lol
IMG 0299

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So the front shocks measure the same eye to eye up in the air. But now it looks like it's coming from the rear because it's still sagging and the front is lifted
How's the rear measure out

Reactions: sharp
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Funny he has the led lights on a non deluxe

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 53807
Not a big fan of halogen yellow with the light bar on. Plus I liked the LED look. Didn't need the fancy wheels on my huntin buggy. Oh and you've prolly seen mystic1219's switch plates but in case you havnt check it out
20170401 160730
were on the same page

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!