P500 DROVE A 2017 TODAY

J

JTW

The other day I found a smokin deal on a used one. Had tons of Honda accessories (Plow, Winch, Roof, Windshield), very low miles - like 300 I think. Looked pretty much perfect. $7800. I tried finding the ad, cuz I was going to post it on here, but it sold very quickly. There is another one in PA that looks decent - pretty much stock but they put 25" carlisle tires on it. They are asking $6600 and it's been posted a while.
That was a good buy.. I would have bought the one on here last week but alas I'm stuck on the 17. The dealer called today and said he's showing it's shipping.

Reactions: Jshell3
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
That was a good buy.. I would have bought the one on here last week but alas I'm stuck on the 17. The dealer called today and said he's showing it's shipping.
Dealer set the hook
your being jerked
wait 4 months.....
he should be giving
to ya

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
JTW
maybe they will
hand deliver. ....
Here's wat it looks.like
Images 6
2016 09 29 11 07 19 1796207033

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The other day I found a smokin deal on a used one. Had tons of Honda accessories (Plow, Winch, Roof, Windshield), very low miles - like 300 I think. Looked pretty much perfect. $7800. I tried finding the ad, cuz I was going to post it on here, but it sold very quickly. There is another one in PA that looks decent - pretty much stock but they put 25" carlisle tires on it. They are asking $6600 and it's been posted a while.
Wonder why we're seeing these things selling already, and people taking a loss??

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Wonder why we're seeing these things selling already, and people taking a loss??

I would bet they want something faster. In my area, we ride roads a lot and it sucks trying to keep up with RZR900's going down the road. Just being able to cruise at 45 without screaming the engine would be really really great.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I would bet they want something faster. In my area, we ride roads a lot and it sucks trying to keep up with RZR900's going down the road. Just being able to cruise at 45 without screaming the engine would be really really great.
Probably right...
I knew wat I was buying
& love it

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah but if there was ever a perfect trail machine, the P5 is it. Just the minimal amount of research before purchasing would inform the buyer of this, along with the fact that it taps at 40mph.

Reactions: jawquin and JTW
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Yeah but if there was ever a perfect trail machine, the P5 is it. Just the minimal amount of research before purchasing would inform the buyer of this, along with the fact that it taps at 40mph.
I agree, and I knew exactly what I was getting. And I don't regret buying it, and I thoroughly enjoy it every time I use it.

However, I did not have a chance to go road riding with other UTV's before buying it. You can't always get someone to wait up for you, and if you don't know where you are it's really not fun to get left behind. And I refuse to hold the engine at max speed going down the road. Even if I could, I still couldn't keep up. I'm not saying this to put down the P5, it's just an observation after owning one for a while and racking up some miles.

That being said, i'm not trading it for a rubber band. I'd rather deal with the 35 mph cruising speed than deal with something that isn't a Honda.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I agree, and I knew exactly what I was getting. And I don't regret buying it, and I thoroughly enjoy it every time I use it.

However, I did not have a chance to go road riding with other UTV's before buying it. You can't always get someone to wait up for you, and if you don't know where you are it's really not fun to get left behind. And I refuse to hold the engine at max speed going down the road. Even if I could, I still couldn't keep up. I'm not saying this to put down the P5, it's just an observation after owning one for a while and racking up some miles.

That being said, i'm not trading it for a rubber band. I'd rather deal with the 35 mph cruising speed than deal with something that isn't a Honda.
That's one way of dealing with it. I ride with other P5's. ;) BTW, I was referring to the people selling their P5's when you offered up a reason why they might be doing so, and not you. :) Get a gps/map, a picnic lunch and a chest of beer and go where you want and forget those dudes that want to haul ass until their rubber bands break, lol.

bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
One of the criticisms I see the most about a P500 is that it is underpowered. Not so sure the new gearing is such a good idea.

Reactions: JTW
H

highpocks

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2016
prescott mi
Ownership

1. 500
i would like to know about the ride with the new shocks and is there more leg room

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

I could see that being a pita.. But you're right Honda should have used the grizzly 700 motor.. Lol

J

JTW

One of the criticisms I see the most about a P500 is that it is underpowered. Not so sure the new gearing is such a good idea.
That was my biggest concern.. That and if the new auto trans would be a turd. I do think it's underpowered but that's something I'm aware of going into it and for 90% of my riding will be fine. However, we've all got a little Tim The Tool Man Taylor in us!!

Reactions: Eltobgi
H

highpocks

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2016
prescott mi
Ownership

1. 500
That was my biggest concern.. That and if the new auto trans would be a turd. I do think it's underpowered but that's something I'm aware of going into it and for 90% of my riding will be fine. However, we've all got a little Tim The Tool Man Taylor in us!!
thanks jtw it looks like i might haft to waite a little longer to buy another one.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!