P1000 Dual Battery Question

H

Hnda_P_Ownr

Jan 6, 2022
AR
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My new P1000 Camo Deluxe should be here ( hopefully) by April. Im just collecting things now that Im gonna do to it. I got the True Dual Battery setup but was wondering what battery you guys are running? Thoughts on different brands? Thanks for the info!

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm using the Might Max, which seems to be popular: Battery It's a lead-acid AGM battery and your True isolator will work fine with it.

There are basically two choices, a traditional lead acid or a lithium based battery.

If going, as most do, with lead acid, there are choices too. A battery that is deep cycle or "amp hour" rated, will generally have thicker plates and last longer than a battery that's "cold cranking amps" rated and has thinner plates.

Lithium batteries have some major advantages over traditional lead acid. They are lighter weight and have higher power density. You can discharge them deeper than lead acids with no damage. The LiFePO4 (lithium ferrous phosphate) batteries have a little less energy density than the earlier Lithium Polymer or Ion, but are much safer when it comes to fire. True makes a version of their battery isolator for lithium batteries, that can be used with mixed batteries (one Pb and the other Lithium).

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Using the Mighty Max here as well.

Link:
Batteries ship ground, so be prepared for a wait. I want to say it took about a week and a half to get mine from NJ to MI.