P700 Dust in cab

hondapro

hondapro

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2015
Central Pa.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 700-4 with the Honda glass windshield and the Honda hard roof,I am getting alot of dust when riding dirt roads, I have the fabric rear panel that helped some.
I was wondering if I remove the rubber seat from the top of the windshield frame if it would leave enough air in to help with the dust?
I know the real fix is to buy a new windshield that can be opened,I am just trying to avoid spending another 500.00

Reactions: ByronM
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a rear panel they help but I won't run it in summer time. My 2 piece windshield seems to help a lot when it open. If it was was not for the wife liking it I would not run windshield this time of year.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I finally just removed my windshield.
Dust is a big problem and it is not just the Honda.

Reactions: Mudwing
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 700-4 with the Honda glass windshield and the Honda hard roof,I am getting alot of dust when riding dirt roads, I have the fabric rear panel that helped some.
I was wondering if I remove the rubber seat from the top of the windshield frame if it would leave enough air in to help with the dust?
I know the real fix is to buy a new windshield that can be opened,I am just trying to avoid spending another 500.00
just got get a peice of lexan for the warm riding times. make a half windsheild put a little lip in it with some 2x4s and clamps and either a torch or heat gun. i took my top 2 clamps off the full windsheild and used them to mount the half.

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500

I had the same problem with dust in my p500 I was running a back panel, hard roof and tilt windshield, this summer I pulled the back panel off, Bimini soft top and 1/2 windshield installed and 75% less dust

Jacob715

Jacob715

Sep 16, 2019
MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just removed the lower of my 2 piece windshield and that helped a bunch. I also ordered some extenders to open the upper windshield more.

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
A full windshield pushes the wind left and right.
It then circles around and comes in from the side and rear (just like you have seen rain in a big bubble behind a semi truck on the highway)
The rear panel stops some of it but you there are still in the middle of the turbulents swirling around like the spin cycle of a washing machine.

The best way to stop this is to remove the windshield altogether in warm weather.
A half windshield still allow some air to flow straight thru and a lot better than the full shield.

I guess it depends on where you live and how you use your sxs.
I best answer is a cheap fix, a $10 pair of sunglasses.
Then spend a little effort on some way to hang your windshield in the garage or shed when not in use.

All opinion of my limited experience and what I have read of others who have had success and failures. No wind tunnels or blue smoke was used in the making of this post.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!