P1000 Dust in the cab

V

vogel3d

Oct 2, 2017
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi, just wondering if covering the gaps in the back doors down by the foot wells helps keep the dust down, I like the full windshield and have the vents in the bottom of it, also have the back soft roll up window with the canvas top, it is better when the back seats are down but the kids ride with a lot of the time. When riding in our friends general it is not nearly as dusty. Any other ideas would be great, besides taking the windshield off. Thank you

20170926 120953

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Rear panel will help you biggly.;)
Or 2 piece front wind shield cracked open.

V

vogel3d

Oct 2, 2017
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks I have the rear panel

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think once you flip up the seats you're screwed...just way too much open to the ground. With the seats down, the bed mat in with the rear window down and the split windshield cracked open, dust is tolerable. Not dust free by any means but tolerable.

What brand windshield is that by the way?

Reactions: ohanacreek
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Also insulation under the seat will help some. Personally I think the mid window helps better then the rear. A couple guys have added roof vents like in horse trailers and say that's a good addition. There are a few things that help but the least amount of windshield you can run is the best

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gonna be upfront not give you false hope for a solution that doesn’t exist.....

Full windshield requires a full mid panel or the dust storm will get in the cab. Short explanation...Mid panel breaks up the circulation, significantly less dust ends up in cab. Long explanation...fluid-dynamics.

If you want to keep bugs and mud chunks and other small low energy flying objects out of the cab, and stay cool, BugBuster Brand windscreen.

I have a bug buster for warm weather and a glass windshield and soft mid-panel for cold wet weather.

If you’re riding in dust you’re gonna get dirty no keeping it out unless you buy a Jeep. Even then it’s still getting in if there’s enough of it.

The rear seats are enormous holes for dust, no good way to seal them and them still be flexuse.

Reactions: 2018GMC
V

vogel3d

Oct 2, 2017
MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, it's an Octane Ridge windshield. I put some rubber belting down by the footwells now need to wait for the roads to dry out a little to see if it works. I know it won't be as clean as a car but was hoping to be able to go out for supper without looking like I work for a concrete company. Should have done a little more homework I guess, our friends General 4 is night and day difference compared to the Honda for dust. Otherwise I like the machine and the power and geared tranny, it also goes anywhere we've tried to take it in mud no problems.

Reactions: ohanacreek
Redmist

Redmist

Jun 9, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone tried Aegis Air Spoiler on there Hondas? I wonder how it would work on the 1000-5 with the roof over the bed?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, it's an Octane Ridge windshield. I put some rubber belting down by the footwells now need to wait for the roads to dry out a little to see if it works. I know it won't be as clean as a car but was hoping to be able to go out for supper without looking like I work for a concrete company. Should have done a little more homework I guess, our friends General 4 is night and day difference compared to the Honda for dust. Otherwise I like the machine and the power and geared tranny, it also goes anywhere we've tried to take it in mud no problems.

Concrete comment is hilarious.

It’s the convertible seats in the dump bed, there’s just so many gaps there’s no good way to seal them up.

I’m sure a way could be engineered.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!