P500 Easy install and remove windshield ?

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Interested in Making or buying a full windshield for a Pioneer 500

Something that goes on and comes off easy and fast.

Just something to put on during the cool Months to block the wind when either myself(61) or wife( 73) are making the 100 yard trip to the mailbox at the end of the driveway, or putting around in the yard.

Not concerned with scratching ,just blocking some of the cold wind.

Looking to spend as little as possible for this Limited use item.

If I make it, what Material do I need to get from Home Depot or Lowes to make it from and easy way to attach it to the machine?

Thanks

I will have it removed at any other time of the year

Bmurray

Bmurray

Lifetime Member
May 6, 2021
Missouri but soon to be Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X
lexan is the name brand of polycarbonate. it's good stuff and is what all the windshields are made from. it won't crack like plexiglass but it's pricey.

Reactions: PJ1
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
The Honda windshields are easy and quick to unlatch and remove. It does get much easier.

Reactions: Coeus and PJ1
B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
lexan is the name brand of polycarbonate. it's good stuff and is what all the windshields are made from. it won't crack like plexiglass but it's pricey.
Thanks
What size Piece would I need to get and what to get to hold it on to the machine ?

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Interested in Making or buying a full windshield for a Pioneer 500

Something that goes on and comes off easy and fast.

Just something to put on during the cool Months to block the wind when either myself(61) or wife( 73) are making the 100 yard trip to the mailbox at the end of the driveway, or putting around in the yard.

Not concerned with scratching ,just blocking some of the cold wind.

Looking to spend as little as possible for this Limited use item.

If I make it, what Material do I need to get from Home Depot or Lowes to make it from and easy way to attach it to the machine?

Thanks

I will have it removed at any other time of the year
Take the P5 to a local auto upholstery shop and have them make you one from clear vinyl like isinglass but MUCH cheaper . I had one made for my John Deere Gator and it work fantastic . Snap on / snap off . Stores easy . Cost 75.00 complete .
I called the nearest shop to me and asked if he could do it and he said no problem . I just gave him the measurements . He made it / called me when it was ready . I picked it up / put the snaps on the gator (included in the price) and that was it . I snap it on for cool/cold winter months . Un snap it and store it for the rest of the year .

Reactions: PJ1 and TxDoc
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Honda ROPS clamps are nice with a mounting hole in them. A search may find the P500 part number here.
1656E22B 5A37 47D5 97CD 0682317E3F94

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Take the P5 to a local auto upholstery shop and have them make you one from clear vinyl like isinglass but MUCH cheaper . I had one made for my John Deere Gator and it work fantastic . Snap on / snap off . Stores easy . Cost 75.00 complete .
I called the nearest shop to me and asked if he could do it and he said no problem . I just gave him the measurements . He made it / called me when it was ready . I picked it up / put the snaps on the gator (included in the price) and that was it . I snap it on for cool/cold winter months . Un snap it and store it for the rest of the year .
Interesting Concept

Does the Vinyl snap at the Top as well as the sides ?

I would sure like to see it if you would post a pic of it

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Interesting Concept

Does the Vinyl snap at the Top as well as the sides ?

I would sure like to see it if you would post a pic of it
It could snap anywhere you want it to . The Gator has no sides just top and bottom . No need for more than top and bottom .
Or you could slide it under roof and just have snaps on the side of the Pioneer .

Gator WND

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It could snap anywhere you want it to . The Gator has no sides just top and bottom . No need for more than top and bottom .
Or you could slide it under roof and just have snaps on the side of the Pioneer .

View attachment 304472
Thanks for the pic
Looks great

Do you remember what Gauge or thickness they used to make it ?

Last edited:
advertisement
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Thanks for the pic
Looks great

Do you remember what Gauge or thickness they used to make it ?
I don't . I called the shop and told him what I was thinking . I thought I wanted isinglass like on my boat and he told me about the vinyl and said it was MUCH cheaper , he had some in stock and should do just fine and it does . Post a picture when you get it done if you do . If you have a problem and really need to know how many mil I could call the shop but it's been a few years ago .

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don't . I called the shop and told him what I was thinking . I thought I wanted isinglass like on my boat and he told me about the vinyl and said it was MUCH cheaper , he had some in stock and should do just fine and it does . Post a picture when you get it done if you do . If you have a problem and really need to know how many mil I could call the shop but it's been a few years ago .
If you would not mind calling I would appreciate it when you get time if you would call them as next week I am going to call several upholstery shops to tell them what I would like and send them a pic as a reference.

No hurry but if and when you get the time

Thanks

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
@WillyBill what was that brand of shield you had with Velcro straps?

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
If you would not mind calling I would appreciate it when you get time if you would call them as next week I am going to call several upholstery shops to tell them what I would like and send them a pic as a reference.

Thanks
I left them a message , I'll let ya know .

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X

Thanks
Ok . He doesn't remember but he bought it at Walmart , he said it was the thickest they had and he thought it may have been 40mil . I don't think thickness will make a big difference . Thick or thin it will stop the same amount of cold .

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok . He doesn't remember but he bought it at Walmart , he said it was the thickest they had and he thought it may have been 40mil . I don't think thickness will make a big difference . Thick or thin it will stop the same amount of cold .
Thanks

Reactions: Smitty335