P1000 Electrical Help

Calvin

Calvin

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2015
Benton, La.
I've got a pretty good view of that mess of wires looking in from cab through hole I cut out of warning sticker where I'm mounting my switches and Bluetooth controller. I'm like you though don't know if I want to start peeling away all this tape. Can get to the two wires running to cig liter though may just tap into that like your taking about.

Reactions: Everett
16Honda

16Honda

Nov 24, 2015
Missouri
With all of the accessories out now, you would think they would make it a little easier to get keyed power. Most people won't use the Honda accessories only.It would be nice to raise the hood and see a marked accessory connection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hometeam
BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
I'm disappointed to say, but it looks like the truth of the matter is that Honda wants the consumer to buy the accessories only from them.
It's not impossible, but sometimes challenging, depending on the individual, to accomplish the addition of aftermarket accessories.

Reactions: Mlm and Hondasxs
Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
I don't know if you guys read
where I have decided to power
my solenoid with a hot from
my aux battery. I will activate
it with a switch on the dash.
With that config, I don't have
to get into the factory wiring
at all.

John

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
I was told today that my current setup (one 42 inch OPT 7 light bar and one little 8 inch OPT 7 bar can be run of the same provided relay and off the same mictuning switch i bought off amazon. Is this true?

Info as follows

42 inch bar- 240 watts/20amp
8 inch bar- 36 watts/3 amp
(Both running on stock provided wiring harness and relay)
Mictuning L.E.D light bar switch of amazon- 20amp/12v​

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I'm disappointed to say, but it looks like the truth of the matter is that Honda wants the consumer to buy the accessories only from them.
I had this same thought when installing my plow last night. I have the KFI winch mount and bought the plow from Honda. The mount plate took some effort to get on because it wasn't fully compatible with the winch mount. I got it figured out but it was one of the more difficult mount installs I have done.

Calvin

Calvin

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2015
Benton, La.
Could you not just use one of these fuse taps and insert it in your acc fuse location in the fuse panel to get switched power? For use on like your lighted switches. That way you don't have to splice any wires?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@Calvin.
Maybe! If there is room under the fuse box lid for it I dont see why it would not work.

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've used them before and had the same thought. Is this ok? Looks like a fancy redneck fuse tap. They've never given me any trouble though.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Could you not just use one of these fuse taps and insert it in your acc fuse location in the fuse panel to get switched power? For use on like your lighted switches. That way you don't have to splice any wires?

View attachment 8433
I'd be careful using this, you're adding a load to a circuit that may not have been designed to carry it. (Too small of a feed wire) Hate to see a nice pretty Honda go up in flames like this
3e8968eacdfc78ff3bcb644ef62f967e

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Good note @ohanacreek. If using this method to power a an accessory thru a relay, I would say it's ok. But if you ad an additional 5+ amps, not good.

Joe

Calvin

Calvin

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2015
Benton, La.
Thx for heads up on that @ohanacreek. I just read where it's only rated for 10 amps max not sure how many amps those small led's in those rocker switches pull but probably not worth the risk.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@Scooterchris, theres no issue running multiple items off the same relay. As long as you do not over amp it. But at 23amps you should be fine. The switch is irrilvent as it should just control the relay.

(Both running on stock provided wiring harness and relay)
Wait... Are you saying you just tapped the stock wires and relay to power these lights?

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
@Scooterchris, theres no issue running multiple items off the same relay. As long as you do not over amp it. But at 23amps you should be fine. The switch is irrilvent as it should just control the relay.

Wait... Are you saying you just tapped the stock wires and relay to power these lights?
No sorry I meant the stock wiring harness that came with the light bars.

Just wanted to hook them up on the same switch and same relay if possible to reduce all that wiring

Reactions: Hondasxs
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have decided to use the Universal bus/relay shown earlier in this thread. I see that both nbomar and CumminsPusher have placed the in the same location.

Have you guys found any advantages or disadvantages to that location
? Has anyone with that same piece of equipment chosen a different mounting place?

I am just about to start drilling holes,screwing things down and running wire, so I thought I would ask where others have installed this unit?

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!