Electrical Help

North Woods

North Woods

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2024
Maine
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
After watching MANY YT videos, scouring this and other forums and the wider web I am throwing in the towel and asking for help. I want to do what many have done and add a 2nd battery with a DIY fuse block. I have purchased a number of items from the club store, Turnpro key on powered bus, Fuse block, Isolator, a 2nd battery and tray along with a million other things. If I wire it all up like I have it drawn out will it work and/or be correct?

I will list out the electronics I plan to add in case they somehow nullify this wiring plan (if it's correct)

-OEM SSV Radio with 4 speakers and sub
-Winch
-Dual USB port
-Light Bar
-Whips
-Heated Seats
-Heater
-Rock Lights
-Scene lights

(removed image: was incorrect)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Left out a few grounds.
isolator has the small ground wire.
The second battery needs to be ground to the frame for 2023+ models, or use the grounding wire for 2019-2022 models.
main battery has its ground.

Reactions: North Woods
North Woods

North Woods

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2024
Maine
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Main battery to isolator is the winch +? Still negative winch wire to bus? I did leave out isolator ground, but it just goes to the bus ground right?

Barracuda

Barracuda

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2021
Washington state
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV

2. w/Turbo
I isolated the aux battery from the main bettery and then run my accesories from the aux battery. The main battery (engine) only provides the keyed accessory power for a relay which then energizes seperate relays (thru the switches) for each accessory. The idea is for everything to power off when the key is off so I cant drain either batteries by accidentally leaving something turned on...
IMG 9141

IMG 9192

• Love
Reactions: CID and North Woods
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Cleaned up a hair.
Added winch.

I personally feel like the winch and isolator need to be directly connected to the AUX battery.
While putting them both to the bus will work. I don't consider that correct.

Untitled Diagramdrawio

advertisement
Barracuda

Barracuda

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2021
Washington state
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV

2. w/Turbo
For my own sanity I had to draw up a diagram for my system to help me keep it straight. Once everything is wrapped it's a pain trying to troubleshoot if something goes wrong:
IMG 9189

This is only the first sheet (It has three sheets), but this is the added accessories.

• Wow
Reactions: CID and Jankyeye
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I know its too late for you guys posting on here now, but if anyone else is looking and researching, check this out. Simplifies everything and easy to install. I have installed Auxbeam on 2 machines and Switchpros on one, Switchpros is by far more versatile and has more functions. Each button on the switchpros is programmable for voltage and key on power. Each button can even be programed with a delay, so that if you forgot to turn something off that was still powered with key off, it could be set to turn off after any set time period. It can also be progammed to turn all off if batter voltage falls below your set voltage. I highly recommend.

Reactions: Tramguage1
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I personally feel like the winch and isolator need to be directly connected to the AUX battery.
Agreed.

While putting them both to the bus will work. I don't consider that correct.
Unless, of course, you enjoy watching the bus bar heat up and melt whilst doing some winching ...

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
For my own sanity I had to draw up a diagram for my system to help me keep it straight. Once everything is wrapped it's a pain trying to troubleshoot if something goes wrong:
View attachment 444526
This is only the first sheet (It has three sheets), but this is the added accessories.
did I miss the isolator somewhere on this? I did something similar but no 2nd battery because I am a non-believer (lol).......but this was so simple

by simple - I mean it came with a prewired cable to plug in the switch/voltmeter box to the remote relay box, I was thinking what a pita to wire from the switches to the relay box then found this for like $130, the accessories only power up on machine keyed on power.....

to each their own, we all do things different, ride on and be safe and enjoy the machine.......

Last edited:
Reactions: Hondasxs
Barracuda

Barracuda

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2021
Washington state
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV

2. w/Turbo
did I miss the isolator somewhere on this? I did something similar but no 2nd battery because I am a non-believer (lol).......but this was so simple

by simple - I mean it came with a prewired cable to plug in the switch/voltmeter box to the remote relay box, I was thinking what a pita to wire from the switches to the relay box then found this for like $130, the accessories only power up on machine keyed on power.....

to each their own, we all do things different, ride on and be safe and enjoy the machine.......
No - it's on my other page:
My machine came wired for winch, aux switch panel, and light bar, (all included on my 2021 Talon Special Edition) so I incorporated that wiring rather than rewire stuff already on the machine.
(Sorry, isolator diagram sheet is probably more appropriate here)

IMG 9191

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
View attachment 444526

No - it's on my other page:
My machine came wired for winch, aux switch panel, and light bar, (all included on my 2021 Talon Special Edition) so I incorporated that wiring rather than rewire stuff already on the machine.
(Sorry, isolator diagram sheet is probably more appropriate here)

View attachment 444612
outstanding sketch -