Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Not plush but there better than your stockers. deff an upgrade. If your on a budget then get those or the 2’s. If there really isn't a budget go with the 3’s there plush

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
@906UP is running them and said they were a very notable difference from stock and worth the $$$.
Yup, I put Elka S1's all the way around on the Donkey. Well worth the money, they are "plush-ish"....lol. I look at it this way, there's only so much travel on a P5 so don't invest a ton into shocks, you could go with an adjustable but I doubt most would be able to tell the difference between stage 1 thru 5, some will say they can but IMO it's just the "Placebo Effect", they want to justify the expense.

Kkettlebell

Kkettlebell

Apr 1, 2022
Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Yup, I put Elka S1's all the way around on the Donkey. Well worth the money, they are "plush-ish"....lol. I look at it this way, there's only so much travel on a P5 so don't invest a ton into shocks, you could go with an adjustable but I doubt most would be able to tell the difference between stage 1 thru 5, some will say they can but IMO it's just the "Placebo Effect", they want to justify the expense.
Good advice…thanks

Kkettlebell

Kkettlebell

Apr 1, 2022
Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
How long did it take to get them? Says 8-12 week wait

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I have the Elka Stage 3's on my 520 and love them. Huge difference from stock. I wonder if Stage 1 or 2 would have worked just as well. But I'm happy with the Stage 3's. Be warned it's a long wait time once you order them. Mine took 4-5 months last year, as I recall.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I think you WE’s are the best out of all of them imo

Can't say for sure as I've never ridden those Stage 3's. The WE's eat up chop though and like to be ridden fast. I like that the Elka's springs are black and they have the Dale Earnhardt #3 on the piggy's but not for $1800. I paid $1100 for the Walker's.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
Whoever has all these different levels of fancy shocks at the T.O. should offer to give us stockers rides, so we can see what the differences are. ;)
I second this!!!!
If my W.E.'s show up before TO, you're both welcome to take mine out for a cruise.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I ordered Elka Stage 1s for my P520. The main reason was I wanted a better ride. Between the short sidewalls of 24" tires and the hard shocks, our first few rides in the Colorado Mountains near Leadville were pretty bad. So, after swapping tires to radials and a much larger size for more absorption. I knew the only way to improve things further was to swap the shocks.

I chose stages 1s because I didn't feel I would ever change the settings other than preload. To be honest, I have a hard time spending $2k on a set of shocks for a machine that has a sticker price of $10k. And, as others have pointed out, we only have 5.9" of travel to work with. If I had a machine that cost $20k and had 12-14" of suspension travel, I might be more inclined to look at other stages.

I'm looking for an improvement in my ride, not the ultimate in adjustability. These machines are fairly simple so I thought the Stage 1 was appropriate.

Rob

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!