BOX1

P500 Elka stage 1

LandofCheese

LandofCheese

Apr 11, 2022
Wisconsin
First post, long time lurker... have had a honda atv (2015 rubicon)for years... I'm on the waiting list for a pioneer 520, should be here before end of summer per my dealer...

Not a side by side or honda but I have a 2020 ski doo renegade I put elka stage 2's on and the difference was for me, night and day! I can keep up with and out handle just about anyone in my group on the trails (northern WI twisties) with factory shocks.... and I have an ace 600 4 stroke... the lowest HP the lineup.

It's the best thing I did on the sled. So im looking to put Elka shocks on the 520 too once it gets here. The evan walkers are tempting, especially with the reservoir...and the price... but the quality of the elka shocks are really hard to argue with and I'm not sure I need reservoirs anyway... I ride the sled WAY harder then I will this sxs without reservoirs and its just fine....

In the end no matter what brand or level shock you take it WILL be a huge difference in the ride for the better. I eagerly await your review of the shock upgrade.

GAug440

GAug440

Apr 18, 2020
Wi
Ownership

1. 500
How long did it take to get them? Says 8-12 week wait
I finally decided to order a set of the Elka S1’s on 4/28, through Racing Power Sports via Amazon…don’t know if this makes any difference or not but I had some Amazon credits and gift cards to burn through. They reached out right away to get set-up info, and said delivery was expected by end of next month, which I guess means June some time. Can’t wait! Wish I would have ordered sooner!

Marc1991

Marc1991

Nov 30, 2020
New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Who’s running the stage 1 Elka’s? Are they plush?
A buddy of mine swears by them, he puts them on everything. He has an early 2000s Polaris rzr 800 with stage 1 that I’ve driven and I thought it was smooth. No experience with a pioneer yet though, when I need new ones I planned on going with stage 1 or 2 myself.

Kkettlebell

Kkettlebell

Apr 1, 2022
Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
A buddy of mine swears by them, he puts them on everything. He has an early 2000s Polaris rzr 800 with stage 1 that I’ve driven and I thought it was smooth. No experience with a pioneer yet though, when I need new ones I planned on going with stage 1 or 2 myself.
I’d go either stage 1 or 3 as stage 2 is a big price jump from stage 1 and not much cheaper than stage 3

wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I’d go either stage 1 or 3 as stage 2 is a big price jump from stage 1 and not much cheaper than stage 3
That was my thought process when I bought the Elka Stage 3's last year. I love them...although I have yet to adjust the shocks from the original setting. So maybe the Stage 1's would have sufficed? Nevertheless I don't regret the purchase. It's a much quieter ride now...because my wife no longer complains about getting bounced around on the rough trails.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520

T

Tstover

Dec 15, 2018
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I've had my stage 1's on for about a year. I too had some Amazon points built up, so got the set of 4 for about 650.
I like them, but had to soften up the preload quite a bit to get the ride I wanted. I can ride through the rough stuff a gear or two higher than before.
That being said, I wish I would have gone with stage 2 to get the adjustable rebound. I've actually thought about selling these and getting the Stage 2.

Kkettlebell

Kkettlebell

Apr 1, 2022
Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Got the shipping notification today! Will have my Elka stage 1’s next week! I’ll have them on as fast as I can get them out of the box lol, will post up some pics and will give a ride report when I get her out on the mountain next weekend:)

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!