P1000 emp front winch bumper

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
Same way I feel. With the winch being enclosed like that I can't imagine how much mud and debris will be covering the winch up.
Looks like it's time to call Scott @ HL for a winch bumper that we all want.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure I like the angled flush-mount lights - would rather them be horizontal - would really be cool to have tabs for a light bar on top. Assuming winch mounts inside bumper, wonder how you access the free spool lever? I am liking the looks of this more than the strongmade.........

Waylan

I like it they would be great as closeup cornering type lights not high speed running lights.

That low they're gonna be covered with mud anyway so not really functional for distance anywho.

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
I did a quick search on utv bumper manufactures and came across these guys in TX. Just sent them an email seeing if they would be interested in making a bumper for the Pioneer 1000s

UTV's

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
I did a quick search on utv bumper manufactures and came across these guys in TX. Just sent them an email seeing if they would be interested in making a bumper for the Pioneer 1000s

UTV's
Here's a question. How hard would it be to put a couple holes in the top and mount your winch on the top of the emp bumper? Just food for thought.

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Here's a question. How hard would it be to put a couple holes in the top and mount your winch on the top of the emp bumper? Just food for thought.
I thought about that, but my concern is how strong is that metal on the top, and would it hold up to being pulled on.

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
I thought about that, but my concern is how strong is that metal on the top, and would it hold up to being pulled on.
Could always add some extra support with a flat plate

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
I also thought about that too but honestly I will not spend 400 bucks on that bumper to get it and cut and weld on it. I also emailed tough country about the possibility of building one for the Pioneer too

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
That's my delima if I'm going to pay $400 I don't want to have to mod it to meet my wants, but over all I like the looks of the EMP bumper, I really like the flush mounted cubes on the front.

advertisement
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
No top mount is kinda weird bit I think this works for me. Looks like better protection if your mowing things down - think overgrown logging road.
What do you guys need - other than top mount? You make it sound like they totally missed.

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La

Reactions: Tot and ghost
TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
I kinda like the above bumper - just needs to be a little taller - to be in line with the headlights etc.

Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
I kinda like the above bumper - just needs to be a little taller - to be in line with the headlights etc.
I like that one too but it doesn't leave a lot room for airflow to the radiator.

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
Never had any air flow issues with my ranger with bumpers like this.

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
Someone on FB posted their link yesterday - I emailed them inquiring on if they were gonna be making one for the Pioneer 1K. There are plenty of places that sell their bumpers around too.

Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
If they would make one with that 2 inch receiver on the front with a top mount winch that would be sweet I would buy one for sure!

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
Hopefully in the next few days I might get a reply from them as to if they either are making one or are interested in making one.
Tough country.com. Email them and ask about building a bumper for our Pioneer 1k

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Hopefully the more people who ask the more likely they will build one of they haven't started on one yet.

Reactions: TOOLOUD
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!