P1000 emp front winch bumper

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
I'm not gonna buy the EMP bumper. I was gonna buy it and mount the winch up top myself with a extra plate for support. I got to thinking about some of the hard riding I have done and the already limited radiator flow the pioneer has.

I've ridden a few times where the 3rd little temperature light has came on and I have had to take it over and wash out the radiator coming to find out that the radiator is not that caked up its just blocked pretty bad.

If you look at the stock bumper vs. The emp bumper. First thing you'll notice is how it blocks off completely the bottom half if the radiator airflow holes. And I mean completely blocks with a solid plate as you can see. I believe that setup will be fine for some who don't really ride it that hard.
Now think about putting a winch there. You will pretty much be blocking all air flow to a already limit air flow machine.....

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Just got an email back from Tough Country and they said at this time there are no plans to build a bumper for our rigs.

T

texaswakerep

Feb 23, 2016
Hattiesburg
I'm going to give it a go. I have liked EMP's products used thus far, so will give them a shot again. Yeah, top of the bumper mount would be optimal...but inside the bumper sure is nice and clean. When I occasionally go that deep in the mud it will be a pain to get out....but cleaning up anything and everything after going that deep is a chore, is it not? And considering the other options available, why would you go with any other bumper currently available? I put in my preorder today....no regrets. I'll happily run over anything and everything in my way and not worry.

Reactions: Tot
Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
I'm going to give it a go. I have liked EMP's products used thus far, so will give them a shot again. Yeah, top of the bumper mount would be optimal...but inside the bumper sure is nice and clean. When I occasionally go that deep in the mud it will be a pain to get out....but cleaning up anything and everything after going that deep is a chore, is it not? And considering the other options available, why would you go with any other bumper currently available? I put in my preorder today....no regrets. I'll happily run over anything and everything in my way and not worry.
Keep us updated with the install and everything.

I'm going to hold out a little longer before I buy anything and see if anyone else plans on making a bumper for these rigs.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Just got an email back from Tough Country and they said they will be starting production in about 3 weeks and they have me on the list for pre order! So good to go! I also asked them to keep me informed on the style that that will be putting out etc etc etc..

Reactions: Tot and TOOLOUD
TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
Awesome ! Looks like the multiple emails they received let them know there is a need & want for it

advertisement
Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Just got an email back from Tough Country and they said they will be starting production in about 3 weeks and they have me on the list for pre order! So good to go! I also asked them to keep me informed on the style that that will be putting out etc etc etc..
WHAT!??! They told be they had no plans to. Oh well, I'll send them an email to be put on the pre-order list as well.

Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
WHAT!??! They told be they had no plans to. Oh well, I'll send them an email to be put on the pre-order list as well.
I got the same email Dale did so I called Mike from tough country and they just decided yesterday to go ahead with a bumper. He told me he is 95 % sure it will be a top mount winch that bolts to the frame, have a built in 2 inch receiver and a hoop over the top of the winch. The problem is they can't start design and production for 3 weeks so he said finished product is about 6 weeks out.
I'm on the list too for a bumper. If anyone wants to be on the list for first notification call Mike at 979-543-1054 He is the retail general manager

Reactions: Tot
Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
The bumper should look like or be very similar to the pic. in TOOLOUDS post.

Reactions: TOOLOUD
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I got the same email Dale did so I called Mike from tough country and they just decided yesterday to go ahead with a bumper. He told me he is 95 % sure it will be a top mount winch that bolts to the frame, have a built in 2 inch receiver and a hoop over the top of the winch. The problem is they can't start design and production for 3 weeks so he said finished product is about 6 weeks out.
I'm on the list too for a bumper. If anyone wants to be on the list for first notification call Mike at 979-543-1054 He is the retail general manager
yup told me the same thing

TOOLOUD

TOOLOUD

Aug 10, 2015
Benton,La
Awesome ! Hopefully it will be a little taller & line up with the body lines on the front of the pioneer. I'm glad they have one coming out in a few months and can't wait to see the finished product

Reactions: Kingmudd and Tot
Bonehead69

Bonehead69

Nov 4, 2015
this is awesome. I had e-mailed EMP because i live ten minutes away from them. I told them they could use my machine if they needed it for a top mount. I said that i am always on the forums and lots of people are disappointing they dropped the ball (slightly). I did not hear anything for three days so i messaged them back asking if they were at all interested and they simply told me No thank you. Piss on them ill give my money to Tough Country looks like a better product anyways.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone bought and installed one yet?

Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
I should have mine in 2 weeks, I can't wait!!!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!