P500 EMP windshield for Pioneer 500

C

CamoP500

Aug 8, 2020
Lake Vermilion
Ownership

1. 500
I think you wouldn't have any issues with the SXS windshield (801) either. It mounts on the side roll bars and not the top. A roof would be a challenge with that carrier though.

Reactions: Bigtee
bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
I think you wouldn't have any issues with the SXS windshield (801) either. It mounts on the side roll bars and not the top. A roof would be a challenge with that carrier though.

Thanks. I would need to move the basket for a hard top. I had to turn around last elk season due to the cold and fear of hypothermia. I need an enclosed cab more. I may try to mount the basket above the factory bumper and extend the bumper wider with tube steel. With the light bar, the basket could block the pretty useless headlights.

Back to my question- is the SxS worth the extra $160 over the EMP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

CamoP500

Aug 8, 2020
Lake Vermilion
Ownership

1. 500
There's another thread on here where I compared the EMP to the SXS - my dad has the EMP and I have the SxS. I guess if getting lots of air moving through on warmer days I think it is. The full tilt out vent works very well compared to the small slits on the EMP. If you don't ride when its warmer its probably not an issue. Glass area is bit larger too. I recommend you contact Fred Mower at his phone number listed above. You may find its not $160 more when speaking to him? I don't remember what I paid him last August but the price was real close to the EMP and he gave me a full money back guarantee including shipping back at his cost. Like I said before both are good products. Depends how important $160 is to you if that's what the cost difference actually is when you talk to Fred. I really like the EMP plastic roof.

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
I did speak to Fred, nice enough guy. I sent the same pictures I posted and did not hear back on mounting bracket locations. When I asked about pricing, Fred suggested I go to the web site.

I originally searched for info on the windshields and did not find anything. Might you post a link to that discussion? Thanks.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Where does the UTV 801 or EMP (sorry for the EMT in title) mount on the roll cage bar? I put a basket meant for the front hood up high. It blocked my view of the trails at night.

I’m trying to figure if I need to remove it to put on those windshields. Not the end of world if I do.

Can somebody post pictures from inside so I can see?

View attachment 263792

View attachment 263793

View attachment 263794

View attachment 263795
I can't say anything bad about EMP, I have their aluminum roof which I've been happy with. when I purchased the SxS windshield (UTV) from Fred, EMP did not offer a glass windshield. I've been very pleased with the UTV. I didn't realize with the EMP you have to prop the entire windshield up to get under the hood, here you can see that with the vent on the UTV windshield open you can easily remove the hood. I also like that the windshield is clamped to the ROPS frame. Sxswindshield11
I don't think you would have a problem mounting the sxswindshield (UTV) with your basket where it is mounted, here are a couple of pics of the top clamp mount, as you can see in the last photo the windshield clamps are approximately 12" from the outside of the cage.
Sxswindshield12Sxswindshield15Sxswindshield16

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
So- EMP’s windshield has no brackets on the horizontal cage tube. Unless there’s some contact with my basket brackets, I should be ok.

Is the UTV 801 mounted the same way in the 2 vertical tubes?

Thanks for taking the time for pictures.

The UTV windshield is attached with 6 clamps, 2 on each side and 2 on top making for a very secure rattle free mount
Sxswindshield05
Clamp view
Sxswindshield06 001
Clamp location

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Where is the vent on the UTV windshield? I assume it opens the entire width swinging forward on the long hinge?

3242094078530f5f6c83563552a4af30

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
I'm thinking about having the dealer put on the Honda OEM hard top before picking mine up, but was just wondering if anyone had issues with the UTV 801 or the EMP with the OEM hard top? I saw a previous post where there is a little gap at the top when using the UTV windshield, but it looks like most are using the OEM hard tops? Thanks for starting this thread Bill!

C

CamoP500

Aug 8, 2020
Lake Vermilion
Ownership

1. 500
Personally I'd go with the EMP roof. there is no fitment issues with the EMP roof and the sxs (801 UTV) windshield or the EMP windshield and it doesn't have the ugly hump in it that the OEM roof does. Just personal preference on looks though.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
Personally I'd go with the EMP roof. there is no fitment issues with the EMP roof and the sxs (801 UTV) windshield or the EMP windshield and it doesn't have the ugly hump in it that the OEM roof does. Just personal preference on looks though.
I went with the EMP aluminum roof (plastic was not available when I bought mine). My main decision was overhead clearance in my enclosed trailer, EMP only adds about 1/2” to overall height. No problem mating with UTV windshield, there Is a small gap at the top but it hasn’t been a problem in the rain ( see photo).
Another nice thing about glass, I added a windshield washer reservoir and spray Nozzles, something I would not recommend on a plastic windshield.
And @Bigtee stated no problem with OEM roof, so you should be good to go. 7C6442D7 3299 4E8A 9632 D7425EECA963082BCB81 6978 40BC 9F37 5AF8ADB793A9

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Thanks again for the pictures and experience. It will probably be summer before I make decision and buy, but I’ll post pictures of what I finally decide to do.

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
How do I contact a moderator to get the topic corrected from EMT to EMP?

Just thinking. On metal roofs, has anybody had spray-on insulation done on the bottom? My son’s building a big workshop and is friends with the insulation contractor. He made us nice archery targets when he sprayed our house.

I wonder if 1” of insulation on the bottom would help in the winter? Spray paint it black?

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
After reading and talking to UTV 801 and EMP (and to a few Montana distributors- we like to “spend our gold where we mine it”) I ordered the EMP glass windshield and metal top.

I may be able to make the 4 cuts (2 side notches for the brackets and 2 holes for the front J bolts to keep the basket/ light bar on top) where I keep light weight emergency gear (saw, small shovel, tow straps, tarp, old hunting foul weather jackets). If not, I’ll try to find another location. If I can somehow reverse the brackets and mount it towards the rear, it could be 6” lower and the light bar probably would illuminate the trail directly in front of the P5.

After that, buy doors and Inferno heater and figure out how best to close behind the seats between the roll cage and Dusty Dawgs rear rack.

I’ll post what I come up with. Thanks for all the help. Come to MT and we can ride the Tobacco Roots trails. There’s a camp ground close by.

00881e2229f3594b49442f5fca791f9a

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!