P500 EMP windshield for Pioneer 500

M

Mike Martsolf

Apr 20, 2015
elko, Nevada
Ownership

1. 500
I’m looking at automotive safety glass windshields for my ‘17 Pioneer 500. I found the Enhanced Metal Products windshield, it looks good (metal frame, powder coated, vents, includes a manual windshield wiper), Their web site is useless- no reviews and when I search their dealer locator of the 3 I found, 2 don’t stock and sell them and the 3d had the email returned.

Cost is around $445.

Anybody have one and any feedback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you may find their website unless, but give them a call very customer oriented and familiar with their product. I have purchased many items from EMP good quality just plain good parts

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
I agree. I spoke with Berry st EMP, he knew his stuff.

I keep looking at the P5 after seeing the picture posted previously, and it looks naked. :)

C829e5087cdcbda7277c02051797b36d

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
My windshield came today FedEx Ground. Looks well made. Unfortunately no installation sheet like the roof. I searched on Google and don’t find it. How does the upper bracket get installed/aligned?

Reactions: Smitty335
sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Got it on. Nice to take it for a ride and not have a face full of wind.

I’m holding off on the basket.

View attachment 269567
nice ride! how are you liking the EMP windshield / aluminum roof? I am looking at buying that same combo. I noticed they don't offer free shipping on the metal roof, but the plastic one they do. Any issues with visibility with the margins, and / or being too hot in the summer? Did you end up ordering any doors yet?

Reactions: Smitty335
bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
I’m very happy with the combination.
I bought soft doors that I’m rolling back and holding with the velcro straps and an added bungee cord. I wanted to zip them closed for cold weather.

9157bcbcb81a44f04b6d043d06298760

Dfeb52cc23fcacfc6207eb750df2d282

The EMP windshield did not seal really well against the hood. I have a roll of 6” rubber that I believe is used to seal shower pans, I cut 1” wide strips of it and built-up the material to close the gap.

831ae23b2cffba1540c5dad037cbca00

There’s 2 gaps in the upper corners where the windshield pivots I need to close, rain came in there big time a few weeks ago. I have some water pipe foam insulation that should work.

281231fdee5a51004bab17bf4c480030

A friend has a P5 with a clear plastic windshield, we rode in it today. The EMP takes away the “panoramic view” he has, but I’m used to driving mine with the EMP. You do loose some outside view going around a curve, and I’ve not noticed a big difference in visibility directly in front going on rocky trails.

For the first time I felt the engine heat on the seat belt mount on the front seat. Being Montana, it was tolerable and I kept thinking how good that will feel in the cold months.

I got a soft rear window which I’ve only had rolled up top so far. It’s wedged between the roll cage and the Dusty Dawgs rear rack.

Last edited:
GrnP500

GrnP500

Lifetime Member
Apr 21, 2019
COTXARLA
Ownership

1. 500
I’m very happy with the combination.
I bought soft doors that I’m rolling back and holding with the velcro straps and an added bungee cord. I wanted to zip them closed for cold weather.

View attachment 291661

View attachment 291662

The EMP windshield did not seal really well against the hood. I have a roll of 6” rubber that I believe is used to seal shower pans, I cut 1” wide strips of it and built-up the material to close the gap.

View attachment 291659

There’s 2 gaps in the upper corners where the windshield pivots I need to close, rain came in there big time a few weeks ago. I have some water pipe foam insulation that should work.

View attachment 291660

A friend has a P5 with a clear plastic windshield, we rode in it today. The EMP takes away the “panoramic view” he has, but I’m used to driving mine with the EMP. You do loose some outside view going around a curve, and I’ve not noticed a big difference in visibility directly in front going on rocky trails.

For the first time I felt the engine heat on the seat belt mount on the front seat. Being Montana, it was tolerable and I kept thinking how good that will feel in the cold months.

I got a soft rear window which I’ve only had rolled up top so far. It’s wedged between the roll cage and the Dusty Dawgs rear rack.

How do you like the fabric doors. I've looked at them all and can't decide if any really work well. Tks

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
I started a thread in Modifications and Accessories on doors.

I got the soft doors for 3 reasons.

Since they zip closed they’ll help keep cold air out better than fabric on an aluminum frame, especially with hinges towards the rear.

I read comments that rear-hinged doors fabric on a frame can pop open on highway when trailering

I found a pair like new on Craigslist for $125 I recall.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!