P1000 Engine code 62

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been having some some shifting/stalling issues with my Honda 1k5. When its at its worst the code "62" comes up. I googled it and info is limited. Just says high oil pressure for shift solenoid 1 or 2. Not sure what the fix is or where to start looking. I have a stock 16' with 6,000miles and 792hrs with clutch updates.

J

Jackie8266

Aug 23, 2020
Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you find a solution? I have a new 2021 1000-5 doing the same thing, same code. Dealer didn’t seem to know anything.

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did anyone find a solution to the problem
Its appeared that the shift solenoid wire was frayed where I previously repaired it. At the same time I went back to oem dct filter. As per the manual I would change it every other oil change. Now I change it every oil service and it shifts a lot better and doesn't stall.

B

Bargercordell

Mar 11, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its appeared that the shift solenoid wire was frayed where I previously repaired it. At the same time I went back to oem dct filter. As per the manual I would change it every other oil change. Now I change it every oil service and it shifts a lot better and doesn't stall.
Mine will run fine I drive it a mile down the road and it starts winding out like clutches slipping then I can come to a stop it will stall out and oil light comes on it flashes code 62 but I can turn it off and crank it back up and it will shift fine drive another mile and does it again but as long as I don’t stop it doesn’t shut off and the oil light doesn’t come on. It will run all day long in park with no issues.

W

Waytoomanytoys

May 22, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Having the same exact issue as post above (#5) on our pioneer 1000-5. Code 62 and occasional slip similar to putting in neutral. Shifts and runs perfectly until this randomly happens. This problem started happening to ours after a water crossing (about floorboard deep) Anyone able to diagnose the issue yet? Sometimes will run and shift perfect for 5 miles other times it will make it about 100 yards. All fluids have been changed since issue first started and still happening. It also occasionally stalls when going from park, into gear... but its not lurching forward like it's stuck clutch or anything, seems more like a safety switch killing it to me.

Last edited:
V

Vinnie313

Aug 15, 2020
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Having the same exact issue as post above (#5) on our pioneer 1000-5. Code 62 and occasional slip similar to putting in neutral. Shifts and runs perfectly until this randomly happens. This problem started happening to ours after a water crossing (about floorboard deep) Anyone able to diagnose the issue yet? Sometimes will run and shift perfect for 5 miles other times it will make it about 100 yards. All fluids have been changed since issue first started and still happening. It also occasionally stalls when going from park, into gear... but its not lurching forward like it's stuck clutch or anything, seems more like a safety switch killing it to me.
Same boat 2020 pioneer 1000-5

D

David young

Jan 9, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok guys I have a issue, I have a 2017 p1000-5 has had the new clutches and cover update less that 500 miles because I burned them up 1700 total miles. But now to the issue

About 2 weeks ago it started getting stuck in a gear 2nd or 4th. Shut the machine off let cool and would run fine for a little and do it again sometime when you stop it shuts off and the oil light comes on and it looses what gear it’s in on the display. When you start the sxs back up even if it will show PNHL it won’t move until it’s cooled off or you get lucky on a restart. will only start in park when this issue starts even if your pushing the break. As soon as you place in a gear RNHL the machine will shut off and normally takes several tries to get it moving again or letting the machine cool off again.

So Idk if my shifting issue is related to the oil light and the machine shutting off and then dying when put in gear or if it separate. I have replaced the shift motor and the Honda gear change assembly and done a deep cycle battery under the seat since this issue started

Please help

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!