Talon Engine crankcase vent tube

U

UPSMAN

Nov 18, 2019
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon X
Has anyone run the crankcase vent tube up to the height of the air box or is there any worry of water getting sucked up in the tube

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I have not looked at it closely but does it have a 1 way valve on it by any chance?

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Maybe I'm confused, but I thought the crankcase vented in to the air box?
If that is true, then getting water in the crankcase is not the issue, hydrolocking the engine when the cylinder fills with water is the issue.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Has anyone run the crankcase vent tube up to the height of the air box or is there any worry of water getting sucked up in the tube
I'm with lee on this one. Not really sure what you are referring to. The crankcase breather comes out of the top of the valve cover and goes into the filtered side of the air cleaner housing towards the top. If you have water to that point, you are in big trouble.

If you are talking about another vent line, please post a pic and let's see if we can help you determine what vent line you are talking about.

H

HondaTech

I'm with lee on this one. Not really sure what you are referring to. The crankcase breather comes out of the top of the valve cover and goes into the filtered side of the air cleaner housing towards the top. If you have water to that point, you are in big trouble.

If you are talking about another vent line, please post a pic and let's see if we can help you determine what vent line you are talking about.

Maybe he's referring to the Sub Trans?

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Maybe he's referring to the Sub Trans?
That is the one I was thinking he was referring to. It ends down by the skid plate area if I recall correctly. Cant recall if it has a one on it or just a open hose.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That is the one I was thinking he was referring to. It ends down by the skid plate area if I recall correctly. Cant recall if it has a one on it or just a open hose.
The hose at the skid plate is the water pump weep tube. It's designed to leak instead of pushing coolant into the motor.

Reactions: IDIOT and 70Bones
Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Got ya - thanks. I recalled seeing one there but cant say I really paid much attention to it. Was busy changing out the skid plate at the time. Thanks for the info.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!