Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
i have boom mat under my seats and bbq mat on the seat back.full windshield,mid panel and bimini roof and little to no steam from blasting water holes,heat is minimal.
HA! Where you live?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks Smitty just did that. It will get a good test next week
The insulation package isn't a waste, it blocks the steam, but the fan takes care of most of the heat.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Read: in Alpine AZ next week. I hate when my phone thinks that it’s smarter than me
Thanks for clarifying! My brain was melting lol! I ran automotive heat shield from the front of my seat base all the way up to the top of the seat-back in one piece. Had to remove seat belt bolts and reinstall them after shield was in place. Only holes are slits for seat belts and 5 seat-back bolts. The heat in mine is no longer enough to bother me. Maybe try removing your engine shroud. Seems counterintuitive but others have said it helps. (I removed mine at the same time that I added my shield so I don't if it's the shield or the shroud removal or both, but it's not uncomfortable anymore). Used in south Louisiana heat + drowning humidity!!!

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Now I get it, or where you were heading anyway. I only have a half windshield here in Az. So air flow is not a concern. What bothers me is having to wear asbestos underwear to go on a long ride.
I have automotive heat shield under the seat and up the back of the seat. I have a gel foam cushion on top of my seat and in 90 deg. AZ heat it gets much warmer than I would like. Which is why last week I finally got around and installed a WALMART fan. Go Walmart! Gawd such BS.
I just noticed you have a gel foam cushion. I'd remove that immediately! Those things hold heat like a baked potato!

Reactions: Rick53 and Redmoon
Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just noticed you have a gel foam cushion. I'd remove that immediately! Those things hold heat like a baked potato!

We call our machine The Skillet I'll do a ride without the gel foam and see how it goes

V

Von

May 1, 2020
North east TX
Ownership

1. 700-4
Anyone have a pic of the installed walmart fan I'm in North east TX gets hot here also with humidity.... No offense to AZ folks

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone have a pic of the installed walmart fan I'm in North east TX gets hot here also with humidity.... No offense to AZ folks

Von, mine is on the trailer right now getting ready for the trip. I can take a few pics when we get there and post tomorrow. In the mean time search Bilge fan install here, there are several good articles with pictures. The Honda store on this web site has a wire harness that plugs right into the back of the cigarette lighter/acc port. Easy to access the lighter by taking the front passenger tire off. I actually bought my fan off of Amazon quietest 4" bilge Fan, Atwood Turbo 4". I would be happy as well as many others here to answer any questions you might have. I would start a new post though so it doesn't get lost.

Reactions: Von
JohnCook

JohnCook

Oct 18, 2018
Cabool, MO 65689
Ownership

1. 500
Ca
Yep to the heat, skip all the insulation packages, copied @JTW and hung a fan under the seat, heat in the winter a very little in the summer .
Can someone post a picture of the installed fan with instructions for those of us who are a little challenged when it comes to something like this? Thanks.

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ca

Can someone post a picture of the installed fan with instructions for those of us who are a little challenged when it comes to something like this? Thanks.
I wouldn't have a clue on a P5.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!