P1000 engine heat

S

StumpJumper

May 10, 2020
Knoxville TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
just took our 700 4 on first trail ride, thinking about upgrade to 1000 but must know this first, would i still have engine heat and steam coming up through the seat belt holes? Does the engine heat , heat the front seat? thanks

Reactions: JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the club from South FL!
Yes there is engine heat, for better or for worse there are ways around it though.
Pics or it didn't happen!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
just took our 700 4 on first trail ride, thinking about upgrade to 1000 but must know this first, would i still have engine heat and steam coming up through the seat belt holes? Does the engine heat , heat the front seat? thanks
Yep to the heat, skip all the insulation packages, copied @JTW and hung a fan under the seat, heat in the winter a very little in the summer .

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yah a quick trip to Walmart for a bilge fan, wire and switch, all for under 50 bucks and your 20k machine will have a nice comfortable temp. And heck it might even help the boil over problem. Sorry this still pisses me off. Buy a machine with all of this technology and you have to buy a cheap ass fan to keep it running or make it comfortable. BS

J

JTW

Yah a quick trip to Walmart for a bilge fan, wire and switch, all for under 50 bucks and your 20k machine will have a nice comfortable temp. And heck it might even help the boil over problem. Sorry this still pisses me off. Buy a machine with all of this technology and you have to buy a cheap ass fan to keep it running or make it comfortable. BS
Yup.. the struggle is real.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Another alternative is a windscreen like a rouge power screen.

I ditched my under seat fan after getting my rouge power screen.

The only time I might need a under seat fan would be those routes where the would be little or no ground speed.

Reactions: 0860silverado
Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Guys, How does the Rouge Powerscreen eliminate engine heat?
OBTW Walmart is now giving out " Walmart supports Honda Pioneer" stickers with the purchase of each fan to dress up your machine. 😂 They were out the day I went in. Rain Check Please?

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Heat is about the same but it's easy to fix and the 1000 is faster.

advertisement
R

rickoshea

i have boom mat under my seats and bbq mat on the seat back.full windshield,mid panel and bimini roof and little to no steam from blasting water holes,heat is minimal.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The screen makes the 1000 faster? Well forget the turbo. Or the screen is faster to install? But I still don't understand how a screen helps with trapped engine heat under the seat?
Screen is better at not sucking in heat and dust than a windshield because it doesn't create a vortex inside the cab. I'm about to switch from a one piece hardcoat poly windshield to a screen on mine. Plus I've read that it's quieter due to no engine noise being reflected back you.
Faster meaning the 1000 is faster than the 700

Reactions: Mudwing
Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It works the same as peeing in a cold pool. The original temp is still all around you.. but your spot is a much more comfortable temp.
Eeewwww! Weird I know what you mean though.
But how does window screen help keep your butt from feeling like 2 buns on a grill? I didn’t do well with trigonometry either.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Screen is better at not sucking in heat and dust than a windshield because it doesn't create a vortex inside the cab. I'm about to switch from a one piece hardcoat poly windshield to a screen on mine. Plus I've read that it's quieter due to no engine noise being reflected back you.
Faster meaning the 1000 is faster than the 700
Now I get it, or where you were heading anyway. I only have a half windshield here in Az. So air flow is not a concern. What bothers me is having to wear asbestos underwear to go on a long ride.
I have automotive heat shield under the seat and up the back of the seat. I have a gel foam cushion on top of my seat and in 90 deg. AZ heat it gets much warmer than I would like. Which is why last week I finally got around and installed a WALMART fan. Go Walmart! Gawd such BS.

Reactions: 0860silverado
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Now I get it, or where you were heading anyway. I only have a half windshield here in Az. So air flow is not a concern. What bothers me is having to wear asbestos underwear to go on a long ride.
I have automotive heat shield under the seat and up the back of the seat. I have a gel foam cushion on top of my seat and in 90 deg. AZ heat it gets much warmer than I would like. Which is why last week I finally got around and installed a WALMART fan. Go Walmart! Gawd such BS.

I can see how AZ heat could definitely be a problem.

I still think you’d be surprised by how much heat your half windshield is holding in the cab area.

Maybe try removing to see if it helps?

Reactions: Rick53
Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I still think you’d be surprised by how much heat your half windshield is holding in the cab area.

I may give that a try next week we will be in Alphabetical be AZ riding. Thanks

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Yea, but you need a windshield, go to the under the seat the fan route, I tried every thing, the fan works!

Reactions: Rick53
advertisement