P1000 Engine Knocking?

M

Mpasa

Mar 19, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I just turned 7 hrs on my new P1000-3 today and noticed a new sound. The best way I can describe it is it sounds like a Vietnam era twin blade chopper in the off in the distance. Faint, not loud. But I did noticed it gets slightly more noticesble after running for a bit. Only noticeable at idle, but definitely seems to be louder when good and warmed up. Oil level good. Kind sounds like (knocking) in the bottom end. At first I thought something was rubbing or maybe a motor mount issue, but all appears tight and no obvious parts loose. Not the bed or doors, already adjusted them from rattling. Definitely not from exhaust. Never noticed this during the first 6.5 hrs of use. I'm going to monitor over next couple uses and really pay attention to cold vs warm sounds. Any comments if this is normal? Anything else to check? It's not a rattle, it's a consistent low end knock, but faint. Maybe I'm just over reacting??

Reactions: 0860silverado
J

JTW

I think mine has a similar sound... I had a video on here where I had the skids off and raised the nose in the air. I shook the motor/trans with my hands and there was a noticeable click/knock sound. Pretty sure it’s in the rubber motor mount. I had to shake the s*** out of it but if you pull the seat when it’s idling it’s crazy how much that motor moves.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
M

Mpasa

Mar 19, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think mine has a similar sound... I had a video on here where I had the skids off and raised the nose in the air. I shook the motor/trans with my hands and there was a noticeable click/knock sound. Pretty sure it’s in the rubber motor mount. I had to shake the s*** out of it but if you pull the seat when it’s idling it’s crazy how much that motor moves.

Thanks for sharing. Did it go away? It's definitely more of a low end knock than a click. I got underneath and tried to stabilize the engine vibration just by hand, but it didn't change anything. Yes, seems to be A LOT of vibration.

J

JTW

Thanks for sharing. Did it go away? It's definitely more of a low end knock than a click. I got underneath and tried to stabilize the engine vibration just by hand, but it didn't change anything. Yes, seems to be A LOT of vibration.
I think it’s about half normal... I wouldn’t worry about it. I haven’t and 2000 miles later she’s still going strong.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
That new, you are still well within the warranty and if still occurring when the first oil change is due, then I would take it to the dealer for a change and input... Chances are the machine will not fail, it's a Honda, but you do have protection :)

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I just turned 7 hrs on my new P1000-3 today and noticed a new sound. The best way I can describe it is it sounds like a Vietnam era twin blade chopper in the off in the distance. Faint, not loud. But I did noticed it gets slightly more noticesble after running for a bit. Only noticeable at idle, but definitely seems to be louder when good and warmed up. Oil level good. Kind sounds like (knocking) in the bottom end. At first I thought something was rubbing or maybe a motor mount issue, but all appears tight and no obvious parts loose. Not the bed or doors, already adjusted them from rattling. Definitely not from exhaust. Never noticed this during the first 6.5 hrs of use. I'm going to monitor over next couple uses and really pay attention to cold vs warm sounds. Any comments if this is normal? Anything else to check? It's not a rattle, it's a consistent low end knock, but faint. Maybe I'm just over reacting??
You have described the sound that mine was making when the oval shaped weld connecting the exhaust pipe to the muffler failed. It started out faint and progressively got worse until it completely broke apart. (mine was more of a Huey sound, but I'm no helicopter expert lol)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!