BOX1

P1000 EPS - Yes or No

T

trailrider1205

Aug 30, 2017
Edgerton, ks
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Is EPS all that? If you bought an non-EPS did you wish you had bought one with? If you bought EPS are you glad you spent the extra money?

Reactions: Smitty335 and sharp
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lord yes... Get it.
Night and day.
If anything, do it to eliminate the kickback you get.
Imagine being able to steering with 1 finger.
In 4x4 diff lock its still just as easy, without you have to man handle it!

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Biggest issue is the kick back.
I was taught to drive with out putting my thumbs inside the rim of the steering wheel.
If you caught a rock on the edge of the tire the steering wheel could jerk so hard it would break your thumb.
With EPS the rock tries to turn the tire but the EPS reads that as a steering request due to you holding the wheel.
Net result is much less kick back.
This is especially good if you let a novice drive.
Had a p500 at Coalmont last month needed to keep reminding my son to get his thumbs out of the wheel.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Absolutely. Added power to the 700 big big difference, both 1000's wasn't a second thought and made sure the new Yamaha had it. Like Lee said the lack of kickback is nice but also safety. If just light dirt road driving not too big a deal but a must for anything else.

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a P700, but I thought I'd reply...I was on the fence a little before my purchase, I could save a few bucks without the EPS....BUT..I got it and....This was the best decision I could have made. So much of a difference ---as others have said...kickback is a no issue, slow speed and reverse is so much more enjoyable, .... Drive with one hand, arm around the wife with the other...

urbancoyboyja

urbancoyboyja

Buckle Up, I Want To Try Something...
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 25, 2017
WV, USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
YES. My brother has a non EPS teryx. Not bad driving, but sucks in a tight spot. My pioneer is like night and day. No jump if you hit a rock, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I have a P700, but I thought I'd reply...I was on the fence a little before my purchase, I could save a few bucks without the EPS....BUT..I got it and....This was the best decision I could have made. So much of a difference ---as others have said...kickback is a no issue, slow speed and reverse is so much more enjoyable, .... Drive with one hand, arm around the wife with the other...
what he said,by all means get it

Reactions: Deluxe700 and sharp
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Definitely YES do not buy one without EPS!!!!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a P700, but I thought I'd reply.... Drive with one hand, arm around the wife with the other...

We "NEED" pictures......................

and don't worry if you're not in them!

Reactions: Deluxe700
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!