Estimated delivery timing?

M

Midwestguy38

May 21, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Because Honda is giving us no information. The dates keep getting pushed back and they won't tell us a damm thing.
No need to single me our looks like their several others that are frustrated and not getting any answers. If you are affiliated with I69 I would be raining all kinds of hell with Honda, every dealer I have called has giving me a ship date for when they will receive machines. I was told thats not always reliable as sometimes its moved up or back some people on here can contest to that . I have talked to power house dealers they are getting product . Honda of Springfield MO has been getting shipments all along and has satisfied their first list of customers or most of it and are on to the next . I'm on another list for a small local dealer that's getting 8 in soon . For a dealer that has 300 + on order I would be flexing my buying power or something.

N

Neversatisfied

Dec 5, 2018
Lancaster, Ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
June 29th was my original ship date that was pushed back to September 29th. As of this morning the dealership hasn’t seen it and the ship date hasn’t been changed from September 29th. The dealer did say it’s been taking 3 weeks to ship from S.C. to the dealer. The dealership gets computer shipping dates updated Monday nights. I’ll see what information he has for me Tuesday.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Easy folks, like I said before, AHM doesn't give s***.

I am sure the dealers do but AHM does not.

H

HondaTech

No need to single me our looks like their several others that are frustrated and not getting any answers. If you are affiliated with I69 I would be raining all kinds of hell with Honda, every dealer I have called has giving me a ship date for when they will receive machines. I was told thats not always reliable as sometimes its moved up or back some people on here can contest to that . I have talked to power house dealers they are getting product . Honda of Springfield MO has been getting shipments all along and has satisfied their first list of customers or most of it and are on to the next . I'm on another list for a small local dealer that's getting 8 in soon . For a dealer that has 300 + on order I would be flexing my buying power or something.

I never meant to "single" you out. I was just explaining the dealer side of the situation. Its frustrating for us as well. We're just as left in the dark as you are.

Any dealer quoting a ship date is quoting the date Honda is giving them, but its probably going to change. Buying power doesn't do anything when the units aren't getting made or shipped or whatever the case. They won't tell us anything.

I'm not affiliated with I69.

My apologies.

M

Midwestguy38

May 21, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I never meant to "single" you out. I was just explaining the dealer side of the situation. Its frustrating for us as well. We're just as left in the dark as you are.

Any dealer quoting a ship date is quoting the date Honda is giving them, but its probably going to change. Buying power doesn't do anything when the units aren't getting made or shipped or whatever the case. They won't tell us anything.

I'm not affiliated with I69.

My apologies.
Hey no hard feelings think we are all frustrated crazy times we live in these days. Thanks for the info im not holding my breath on delivery, however it is nice that a dealer can tell you the exact amount of vehicles they are supposed to get in and when they a supposed to arrive .. when you've had money down for 8 to 9 months and only get "haven't heard a thing" and you know other dealers have been getting them its very frustrating. its my fault for trying to get a "deal" on one .

R

Red21

Aug 9, 2021
sioux falls, sd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just spoke to my Honda dealer to get a shipping update. It was originally scheduled to ship end of September and arrive sometime in October, now its supposed to ship 10/29. It was originally ordered last May. He also told me that Honda has not released ANY information on the 2022's, neither pricing or allocations. Oh well, when it gets here, it will be here.

H

HondaTech

Hey no hard feelings think we are all frustrated crazy times we live in these days. Thanks for the info im not holding my breath on delivery, however it is nice that a dealer can tell you the exact amount of vehicles they are supposed to get in and when they a supposed to arrive .. when you've had money down for 8 to 9 months and only get "haven't heard a thing" and you know other dealers have been getting them its very frustrating. its my fault for trying to get a "deal" on one .

I would be upset as well if they weren't giving me any information when you know they have that in front of them.

If we have a customer waiting on a unit they've claimed we only give updates when information changes or its moving. But if they call, we will reiterate the info we have.

I dont have all the information available either, I turn wrenches in the back so i only know what they tell me. 😁

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would be upset as well if they weren't giving me any information when you know they have that in front of them.

If we have a customer waiting on a unit they've claimed we only give updates when information changes or its moving. But if they call, we will reiterate the info we have.

I dont have all the information available either, I turn wrenches in the back so i only know what they tell me. 😁

You may turn wrenches in the back, and I've only benefited from the knowledge you provide for learning and understanding, still sure glad you contribute here!

R

Red21

Aug 9, 2021
sioux falls, sd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It would be great to see a response posted by someone that actually works on the assembly line at their plant in S Carolina and address the following....how many SxS's do they produce a day? How many shifts are they working? What parts are often short that delays production? It would be great to know some of this stuff, but I'm sure they are forbidden to disclosing this type information.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It would be great to see a response posted by someone that actually works on the assembly line at their plant in S Carolina and address the following....how many SxS's do they produce a day? How many shifts are they working? What parts are often short that delays production? It would be great to know some of this stuff, but I'm sure they are forbidden to disclosing this type information.
They’re most likely forbidden to disclose that. But I’m sure the information you’re trying to find is like all of our auto plants up here. There’s a s*** ton of them finished they’re just sitting in a lot of different lots on by the manufacture waiting for just a couple of parts that are coming from overseas to finish them off. And they’re all few and far between.And there’s nothing we can do about it

on I 75 north of Flint, there is a huge lot and Field that is owned Or least by GM that has over 5000 or more three-quarter ton to 1 ton style trucks just sitting there waiting for everyone to see from the expressway LOL

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
They’re most likely forbidden to disclose that. But I’m sure the information you’re trying to find is like all of our auto plants up here. There’s a s*** ton of them finished they’re just sitting in a lot of different lots on by the manufacture waiting for just a couple of parts that are coming from overseas to finish them off. And they’re all few and far between.And there’s nothing we can do about it

on I 75 north of Flint, there is a huge lot and Field that is owned Or least by GM that has over 5000 or more three-quarter ton to 1 ton style trucks just sitting there waiting for everyone to see from the expressway LOL
I pushed the like button on that, but I really don't like it. Haha! No disrespect intended.

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
P

Paxpop

Jan 6, 2021
WI
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I placed $ down on a P1k5 on 1/26 on a camo dlx that was already ordered by the dealership. Original ship was 4/29. Has been pushed back every month since then. I have been constantly inquiring with the dealership to the point that the sales mgr. texts me a photo of their ordered inventory report every time it is updated, just to keep me from calling. I know he is frustrated, but this is getting old. Now that the riding season is getting short here in WI, I don't really care anymore. I have $2K worth of accessories sitting in my garage. This is too bad, my wife and I were so excited when we ordered. Now delivery will be rather anti-climatic, if and when it happens.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I wonder if other brands of machines are on the same slow boat? I would guess so if some of the electronics are common. I can't believe they are backed up in assembly so far. Plus transportation issues. A perfect storm.
They are, but nobody was as bad as Honda.

Reactions: Lady01
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder if other brands of machines are on the same slow boat? I would guess so if some of the electronics are common. I can't believe they are backed up in assembly so far. Plus transportation issues. A perfect storm.

Yup, the problem is pervasive, and our gummint looks to be doing all the right things to make it worse, and none of the right things to fix it. Give people enough hand-outs and a lot of them won't work. You end up with businesses with help wanted signs all over. Container ships will be anchored for weeks waiting for dock space to be unloaded. Lines of trucks sit idle with no drivers to move shipping containers that are stacked up in port. Welcome to our asinine reality.

I was very fortunate to find a dealer with an inbound P1K-5 SE. Waited just short of 6 weeks, with only 2 "put offs". I guess it's to be expected that, with just a few hard to get parts coming in, Honda would choose to put them on their top of the line models to maximize what little profit is to be had.

SH21

SH21

Mar 18, 2021
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got off the phone with my dealer. My pioneer is on the truck/leaving the plant tomorrow.

That puts it a couple weeks past the original estimate of delivery, but that it also better news than I was expecting after reading a lot of the recent replys.

My garage full of accessories will be happy to have a home soon.

R

Red21

Aug 9, 2021
sioux falls, sd
Ownership

1. 1000-5

on I 75 north of Flint, there is a huge lot and Field that is owned Or least by GM that has over 5000 or more three-quarter ton to 1 ton style trucks just sitting there waiting for everyone to see from the expressway

I just spoke to my Honda dealer to get a shipping update. It was originally scheduled to ship end of September and arrive sometime in October, now its supposed to ship 10/29. It was originally ordered last May. He also told me that Honda has not released ANY information on the 2022's, neither pricing or allocations. Oh well, when it gets here, it will be here.
I forgot mention that when I talked with my dealer yesterday, he told me that he ordered a base model P 1000 back in December, and is STiLL waiting for it. 10 months ago. Unbelievable!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!