Estimated delivery timing?

N

Neversatisfied

Dec 5, 2018
Lancaster, Ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Called yesterday and my ship date finally wasn’t pushed back showing 10/14 but the dealership hasn’t seen it arrive yet. He’s hopeful for this week. 🤞

Reactions: Farmer and 05Willys
H

HondaTech

Yes they do! Lol. Just a crap shoot/lottery and will be for some time unfortunately.Its funny in a way to watch dealers give people dates all to have there dicks in the dirt when it changes cuz they dont even know. They need to stop with the est dates and just call when it arrives.

Glad yours finally came in, and good luck with the China Virus. Not only has it effected people getting machines, its hit you too!

Thats the problem, if you dont call and update the situation, people get pissed. The dates dealers are giving are right off the shipping statements that Honda pushes out every week.

In the last month, we've gotten 2 Live Valve Talon Rs, 2 Deluxe 700 4P, 1 base 700 4P, 1 base 700 2P, 3 atvs and have a base Talon X coming in the next couple of days.

We (dealers) only know what we're being told and sometimes that isnt even the reality. Occasionally they'll pull something out of their ass and stuff will just magically appear. Hell Tuesday we got 14 motorcycles delivered, but that may be the last of it for the month, who knows.

Id be willing to do an AMA if anyone wants to clear any confusion as to what is happening in the dealership, atleast from our shops experience.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thats the problem, if you dont call and update the situation, people get pissed. The dates dealers are giving are right off the shipping statements that Honda pushes out every week.

In the last month, we've gotten 2 Live Valve Talon Rs, 2 Deluxe 700 4P, 1 base 700 4P, 1 base 700 2P, 3 atvs and have a base Talon X coming in the next couple of days.

We (dealers) only know what we're being told and sometimes that isnt even the reality. Occasionally they'll pull something out of their ass and stuff will just magically appear. Hell Tuesday we got 14 motorcycles delivered, but that may be the last of it for the month, who knows.

Id be willing to do an AMA if anyone wants to clear any confusion as to what is happening in the dealership, atleast from our shops experience.
Like i said before, Were dealing with the same thing in the HVAC business. Carrier like Honda is telling us every other week “this date” for Infinity Controls, and it rarely and never happens. We were telling customers when they called the date were told, but again “dick in the dirt, depressed and pissed.” So we are telling them the “truth” key word lol that We dont know, and Carrier really dosnt know 100% so blowing smoke up your a$$ is not the right thing to do. Then We varify to them, your on the list! and as they trickle in, you will receive a call. Dont call us, will call you! I delt with one of those last night. Its calmed alot of people down doing it that way. People want honesty, even if its not what they want to hear. Thats why my company thrives.

SH21

SH21

Mar 18, 2021
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
AA5045EF 5425 4EBF AEDE DDDEA284C9AC

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Just as an FYI: No way to confirm this (he could have lied to me), but the Vapor White 1000-5 Deluxe that I cancelled and got my deposit refunded back after I was able to score the Camo one closer to home, in stock and cheaper delivered one day AHEAD of it's original 10/29 due date. Never got pushed back. Yes, it's already been sold.

SH21

SH21

Mar 18, 2021
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Put my deposit down the beginning of April. Just picked her up today.

There was a red P1K 3 seater being picked up at the same time. Dealer said they have been tricklin in but 99 percent are pre sold. Plenty of Suzuki quads at the dealership, 1 rincon on the floor as well.

N

Neversatisfied

Dec 5, 2018
Lancaster, Ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I talked with my dealer today. Scheduled delivery of my unit is 11-15. He also told me he has one last 2021 Red 1000-5 deluxe that hasn’t been sold yet. He doesn’t have a confirmed date yet but it is available if anyone is interested.

11shagot

Jun 4, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I talked with my dealer today. Scheduled delivery of my unit is 11-15. He also told me he has one last 2021 Red 1000-5 deluxe that hasn’t been sold yet. He doesn’t have a confirmed date yet but it is available if anyone is interested.
Damn, so after not pushing you back, they wound up pushing you back a month anyways?

The Hunter

The Hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was at Southern Honda Power Sports today in East Ridge Tn ( Chattanooga ), and they had a 1000-5 green in color with extras on it and a 1000-3 blue with extras and a blue and white Talon sitting on their floor, these don’t show on internet, also stopped at Tommys Honda in Crossville Tn and they had a couple of can ams and 1, 1000-3 Special Edition on their floor. If anybody close to these you might want to check them out. Also Southern Honda is selling new stock wheel and tire take offs for pioneer, talon, and some atv’s.

R

Red21

Aug 9, 2021
sioux falls, sd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
C

Capn1

Apr 28, 2020
SEMO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I had a salesman from Heartland Honda (in NE Arkansas I believe) message me earlier this morning with a deluxe 1000-5 with winch, windshield and roof for sale. There are $22,551.4 reasons they still have it.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a salesman from Heartland Honda (in NE Arkansas I believe) message me earlier this morning with a deluxe 1000-5 with winch, windshield and roof for sale. There are $22,551.4 reasons they still have it.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻Going to take a lot more of this by people to get the prices back down to reality.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻Going to take a lot more of this by people to get the prices back down to reality.
^^^^TRUTH^^^^

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!