Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Doubt if it translates over to Honda since they're so different about things but my buddy who works at the Chrysler plant in Belvidere IL just got called back from spotty layoffs all summer. They have 19,000 vehicles to get out by years end and are requiring overtime. I'm wondering if they just got smart and stockpiled parts for a while to avoid the starting and stopping they've been doing or if they suddenly just got a crap load of whatever it was they needed delivered.

woodgrinder

woodgrinder

Jul 31, 2021
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻Going to take a lot more of this by people to get the prices back down to reality.
I paid retail for mine as well as the accessories. No dealer fees. That is the way R&D in Raton deals with all of their customers. Not sure anymore 2021s will be coming in though. They got a P500 and P700 in the same shipment as mine.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I put a 2022 Talon 1000-4 live fox on order two weeks ago. they told me May sometime. Hey winter in Idaho so I can wait.
Your dealer simply took your deposit and put your name on a list that they will use for when the 2022 allocations are offered and accepted by the dealership. When they start coming in, you'll get yours in the order it comes in. Your "order" isn't for an exact machine (e.g., order placed, VIN assigned, etc.), but you're in line for the one of the (insert_Talon_in_your_trim_level_and_color_here) that comes in based on who's in front of you on their list for the same vehicle.. Powersports dealers don't place "orders" for vehicles like car dealers do for cars/trucks/SUVs.

H

HondaTech

Your dealer simply took your deposit and put your name on a list that they will use for when the 2022 allocations are offered and accepted by the dealership. When they start coming in, you'll get yours in the order it comes in. Your "order" isn't for an exact machine (e.g., order placed, VIN assigned, etc.), but you're in line for the one of the (insert_Talon_in_your_trim_level_and_color_here) that comes in based on who's in front of you on their list for the same vehicle.. Powersports dealers don't place "orders" for vehicles like car dealers do for cars/trucks/SUVs.

Thank you for stating this, it clears up the confusion and frustration on the wait times for units.

C

Chumm

Oct 27, 2016
Upper Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
Just added 1000-5 deluxe to the fleet, stopped by the dealership to see about how long of a wait for a 1000-5, the salesperson said she just got off the phone with the gentleman that ordered this one. Evidently he forgot to inform his wife, the salesperson could here her screaming in the background. She said it's yours if you want it. I took it. It came as pictured, couldn't pass it up!

20211022 190701

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just added 1000-5 deluxe to the fleet, stopped by the dealership to see about how long of a wait for a 1000-5, the salesperson said she just got off the phone with the gentleman that ordered this one. Evidently he forgot to inform his wife, the salesperson could here her screaming in the background. She said it's yours if you want it. I took it. It came as pictured, couldn't pass it up!

View attachment 302835
Nice find

woodgrinder

woodgrinder

Jul 31, 2021
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't see it. Is it there? 🤔
I was going to get the cloaking device option but I wasn't sure I would be able to find the buggy if I left it on. You definitely need the second battery for that. I have heard there is an app for cell phones that will detect the tack-ion particles it emits while cloaked, but what if you leave your phone in the buggy?

Reactions: Lady01
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was going to get the cloaking device option but I wasn't sure I would be able to find the buggy if I left it on. You definitely need the second battery for that. I have heard there is an app for cell phones that will detect the tack-ion particles it emits while cloaked, but what if you leave your phone in the buggy?

All that notwithstanding, I have it from eminently questionable and highly refutable authority that a carefully conducted double-blind study (with significant emphasis on the blind aspects) has quantifically determined Camo to be questionably the fastest, if not the very fastest. This same study included all other Honda colors, including their seldom vaunted and slow selling "Red". Rumor has it Honda will be dropping red from its line-up next year, after the study determined red to be only half-fast.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All that notwithstanding, I have it from eminently questionable and highly refutable authority that a carefully conducted double-blind study (with significant emphasis on the blind aspects) has quantifically determined Camo to be questionably the fastest, if not the very fastest. This same study included all other Honda colors, including their seldom vaunted and slow selling "Red". Rumor has it Honda will be dropping red from its line-up next year, after the study determined red to be only half-fast.
your source is wrong. Red is the fastest.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
... a carefully conducted double-blind study (with significant emphasis on the blind aspects) ...
You forgot '... kept in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnalls' porch since noon today ..."

(The youngsters wont' know what that means)

I'm super glad that I found a Phantom Camo Deluxe before the Vapor White one I had a deposit on came it. I mean, they are all outstanding, but the camo is perfect (and, yes, the fastest).

Reactions: 05Willys and Lady01
N

Nvrgiveup

FINALLY got the call and the price is pretty good, too! I pick mine up tomorrow. I’ll post a pic so it happened once I get it home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
There is a red p500 sitting in front of a dealer by me for about a week now. No sold sign on it but it doesn’t show up on their website.

sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I think the white is really sharp... could be because we can't get white in Canada that I just want what I can't have. I like the fatigue green too... again which we can't get in Canada. All we get is red and camo... and came only goes on my cargo shorts.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!