Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I put a deposit on a 2021 1000-5 Deluxe in December and i am being told that it will be here at the end of Jan. What bothers me is all of these dealers Web sites say in stock but when you call them, they say they don't have it, they blame Honda for putting these sxs on there site even though they don't have it . I've got my fingers crossed and hope I get mine soon.
Putting a deposit down in today's current supply & demand climate means little more than putting your name on an internal list @ the dealership (likely behind many others) and waiting for whatever Honda chooses to ship them to show up. After the others on the list above you get their machine, the next one that shows up should be yours.

Most of those machines on their web sites were ordered long ago ... and someone ELSE put a deposit on them (got on the list) long ago, too. Sometimes you get lucky and find one that someone had a deposit on from long ago, but for one reason or another, they cancelled their order and got a refund, and nobody is on the list for that model/trim/color, so you can sneak in there and get it.

In most cases, the dealerships don't know when a machine is actually going to show up until not long before it show up! Most dealership order all their machines at once, then just wait for them to arrive based on when Honda decides to ship them. It's not at all like ordering a car or truck where you get a VIN number, a blend number, a date of anticipated manufacture, and can follow it through the entire process.

Ask your dealer for the exact date that they ordered the machine (from Honda) that they let you "put a deposit on". You might be surprised just how long ago they "ordered" it!

Reactions: Lady01 and BRMRIDER
B

BRMRIDER

Dec 23, 2021
Haymarket, Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Usually there should be posted a serial number or stock number labeled with the a given machine if its in stock....
Both places I called showed a Vin number and Stock code but no machine they blame Honda for putting this on the dealer"s website not the dealership. A whole lot of BS

Reactions: Lady01
Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Still waiting for a P1k-3 I put money down on last September that the sales guy showed me on his computer was in stage 3 of 3 for being built and had no ones name on it yet. It showed on his screen as a deluxe and blue color. He had no idea when it would show up. The dealers website does show some sxs's as being "in stock." A few Yamahas a couple CanAms and one Honda Talon. There are a bunch of Pioneer models that just list as "brochure" including "my" blue P1k-3 deluxe. Not really in a rush to get it now that it is winter with lots of snow and -20 degrees. Just am wondering if the blue P1k-3 deluxe will ever show up?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Still waiting for a P1k-3 I put money down on last September that the sales guy showed me on his computer was in stage 3 of 3 for being built and had no ones name on it yet. It showed on his screen as a deluxe and blue color. He had no idea when it would show up. The dealers website does show some sxs's as being "in stock." A few Yamahas a couple CanAms and one Honda Talon. There are a bunch of Pioneer models that just list as "brochure" including "my" blue P1k-3 deluxe. Not really in a rush to get it now that it is winter with lots of snow and -20 degrees. Just am wondering if the blue P1k-3 deluxe will ever show up?
Put a deposit down in SEP of last year.

Then every AM, I got on atvtrader.com. Filtered for any 2021 1000-5 models and then sorted by date the listing was added (newest first).

I then called the first 5-6 places and asked if the item listed was available.

Over the first 4 weeks or so, I had the opportunity to buy three that had just arrived: A 1000-3 SE, a 1000-5 SE and a 1000-5 Deluxe Camo. All were across the country and I didn't want to drive 1600 miles RT.

On about day 30, I found my holy grail: A new 1000-5 Deluxe Camo that had just arrived 1 business day before that was literally 1 hour away. It was not spoken for.

I picked it up 5 days later.

MSRP plus sales tax plus $11 for title. That's it. Zero added on for transportation/delivery, zero for prep/assembly and zero added for documentation fee.

Got my deposit back from the first dealer (I would never give a non-refundable deposit) right after I picked up my bike from the second.

Found out the first one I had on order arrived a couple weeks later. It went to the next buyer on the list after me. They wouldn't let me give my reservation to another person myself (e.g., a friend or someone here). I probably should have just bought it, too, then sold it to a friend or someone here for what I paid for it. Oh, well.

Bottom line, if you put a little effort in, you don't have to wait forever to get one.

Last edited:
Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Put a deposit down in SEP of last year.

Then every AM, I got on atvtrader.com. Filtered for any 2021 1000-5 models and then sorted by date the listing was added (newest first).

I then called the first 5-6 places and asked if the item listed was available.

Over the first 2 weeks or so, I had the opportunity to buy three that had just arrived: A 1000-3 SE, a 1000-5 SE and a 1000-5 Deluxe Camo. All were across the country and I didn't want to drive 1600 miles RT.

On about day 15, I found my holy grail: A new 1000-5 Deluxe Camo that had just arrived 1 business day before that was literally 1 hour away. It was not spoken for.

I picked it up 3 days later.

MSRP plus sales tax plus $11 for title. That's it. Zero added on for transportation/delivery, zero for prep/assembly and zero added for documentation fee.

Got my deposit back from the first dealer (I would never give a non-refundable deposit) right after I picked up my bike from the second.

Found out the first one I had on order arrived a couple weeks later. It went to the next buyer on the list after me. They wouldn't let me give my reservation to another person myself (e.g., a friend or someone here). I probably should have just bought it, too, then sold it to a friend or someone here for what I paid for it. Oh, well.

Bottom line, if you put a little effort in, you don't have to wait forever to get one.
Interesting! I looked at atvtrader just now and there is one P1k-3 listed about 3 hours away. The trader pic shows same blue color as the one I am waiting for. But I went to the dealers website and the one they list is red? It is not listed there as "in stock." So idk? ? Price is same as msrp + destination charge of $895 or so. My dealer is not going to charge for that fee. There are others listed on atvtrader but much farther away. I did not call that other dealer yet. Atvtrader says this Pik-3 has been been seen 42 times in last 30 days. Hard to believe it has been on the site that long and not taken?
Thanks for the tip about atvtrader though! I will be checking it quite often now.

Reactions: Lady01 and Scoop
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Interesting! I looked at atvtrader just now and there is one P1k-3 listed about 3 hours away. The trader pic shows same blue color as the one I am waiting for. But I went to the dealers website and the one they list is red? It is not listed there as "in stock." So idk? ? Price is same as msrp + destination charge of $895 or so. My dealer is not going to charge for that fee. There are others listed on atvtrader but much farther away. I did not call that other dealer yet. Atvtrader says this Pik-3 has been been seen 42 times in last 30 days. Hard to believe it has been on the site that long and not taken?
Thanks for the tip about atvtrader though! I will be checking it quite often now.
You have to CALL and talk with a human.

I only use ATVtrader.com to identify the dealers with the newest listings. I didn't assume anything based on the listing (i.e., how many times it's been viewed, whether or not a unit has a deposit on it, if it's actually there or not, etc.). Actually, I always surmised that the unit would NOT be available, every time I called.

Five or more calls per day x 2 weeks means I called at least 50-60 (more, actually) before I found the UTV I bought.

Once I was able to speak with a salesperson, I always started with, "Hi, my name is Bob and I'm dialing for more disappointment today. Is the Pioneer (insert description here) that was just added to ATVTRADER.COM available or does someone else already have a deposit on it?". They laughed, I laughed, we all laughed. A few turned into conversations where they told me about how units are ordered, how thing normally happen during the process, and how things have been going (or not) during the pLandemic. Very educational.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Oh, and so I don't mislead, I rechecked the dates and such:

My official search start for a Pioneer started on 10 SEP 2021. This was when I put a deposit down on a unit that was scheduled to be delivered end of OCT/start of NOV. But ... everybody's delivery dates were being pushed off, month after month, so I had little faith it would actually BE delivered then -- or that year, really. Most folks had put deposits down back at the beginning of the year!

I found and secured the machine I ended up buying (using the above process) on 18 OCT 2021 (deposit placed; picked up 23 OCT 2021).

My total wait time for a 2021 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe was 38 days, start to finish. I can't complain, but it did take a lot of cold calling.

I did find those other three machines that I COULD have bought, but all three of those dealers wanted to add the ~$1,000 for transportation, $300-400 for dealer prep/assembly and $100-250 for documentation. No way. That's ~$1,600 that was nothing more than lining the pockets of the dealership. BOTH places I was working with did NOT charge the transportation nor the dealer prep, and the one I first had a deposit with only charged $95 for a doc fee (which I didn't pay at all where I eventually bought from).

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks Scoop, with your and others help I am learning more every day.

Reactions: Scoop
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
You bet, @Bombardier Convert. The most important thing to learn is: Never be too afraid to walk away.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I would add that being patient is also very important, because being in a hurry makes you vulnerable to getting ripped off. Frankly, the trouble people go through to get these things and the prices they're paying for some of them boggles my mind.
Agreed, @pextron. Both are excellent pieces of advice.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agreed, @pextron. Both are excellent pieces of advice.
And here's more question than advice: We are in an inflationary period where wages and bank accounts are losing purchasing power and value. Go Brandon. It's very likely the real cost of a new Honda will be more later than it is now. This should be balanced against the appeal of the new '22 models, I suppose. Do you think Honda is going to release those before they sell off the 21's? If they do, will they lower the price on the "old stock" (probably doubtfull) or will they keep it the same and increase the price of the new one's?

C

Capn1

Apr 28, 2020
SEMO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Did the dealers stop getting 2021's? I haven't noticed anybody picking one up in a while.

Reactions: Smitty335
B

BRMRIDER

Dec 23, 2021
Haymarket, Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am waiting to find out about mine? Dealer says it's getting delivered 1-28-22. I'm really don't think he will get it for some reason. Not happy in Virginia about it but what do you do.

Reactions: Capn1 and Smitty335
AZBUZZ

AZBUZZ

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2021
Litchfield Park ,AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put a deposit on a 21LE back in May of 21 that was supposed to be here in August then October and i pick it up tomorrow
so the 21s are still being delivered.

Reactions: Capn1 and Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!