P700 Excessive toe-in

M

M_Walker

Dec 27, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Our OEM tires were wearing quickly and weren't the best choice for the terrain we drive on. It's mostly hard packed dirt roads, two tracks, and pavement. I installed new Tusk Terrabites, 27x9-12 front and 27x11-12 rear. During the first ride with these, the steering felt like it wanted to pull one way or the other instead of holding a straight line. The OEM tires might have felt like this a little, but it wasn't as noticeable.

I checked the alignment and found it was toed in 1.25"! This machine has very low miles on it and has never hit a big bump or pot hole. I set the toe-in at 1/16" and it now drives down the road straight and true.

i had previously read posts here and other places about people finding their alignment off from the factory. I'm certain ours was always off and just became more noticeable with new tires. I would encourage everyone to check their alignment. Even on a new machine.

Tomcat61

Tomcat61

Feb 14, 2019
Moncton
Ownership

1. 700-2
Our OEM tires were wearing quickly and weren't the best choice for the terrain we drive on. It's mostly hard packed dirt roads, two tracks, and pavement. I installed new Tusk Terrabites, 27x9-12 front and 27x11-12 rear. During the first ride with these, the steering felt like it wanted to pull one way or the other instead of holding a straight line. The OEM tires might have felt like this a little, but it wasn't as noticeable.

I checked the alignment and found it was toed in 1.25"! This machine has very low miles on it and has never hit a big bump or pot hole. I set the toe-in at 1/16" and it now drives down the road straight and true.

i had previously read posts here and other places about people finding their alignment off from the factory. I'm certain ours was always off and just became more noticeable with new tires. I would encourage everyone to check their alignment. Even on a new machine.
I got my 700 a month ago, and checked the alignment and mine was out by at least an inch,,, my first trip out I noticed when starting out it was pulling to the right , Glad I checked it,,

Reactions: M_Walker
T

Tuk-Tuk

May 17, 2020
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4

Please share how you adjusted the toe on your 700, thanks

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Most of the P1K's sold were toed out. Supposedly to make them more stable on gravel roads.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Pulled a string line down the center of the machine and adjusted?

M

M_Walker

Dec 27, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
I marked a spot in the center of the tread on both front tires and measured the distance between spots when they faced forward and also when the same spots faced rearward. I then adjusted the tie rods until there was 1/16" toe-in and the steering wheel was centered when driving in a straight line. I got lucky and only had to adjust one tie rod to accomplish this.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!