P700 Exhausted looking for an exhaust.

Guiltygypsy

Guiltygypsy

Feb 7, 2020
New Tazewell, Tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I have spent about an hour looking thru threads and forum archives looking for an aftermarket exhaust that has a review or success story, but have been proficiently eluded by such a writing. What is everyone running for the gain and the sound? I DO NOT want quite or hunting mufflers, I am specifically looking for performance and the deep tone. I do not use my 700 to hunt, and I'm looking to get that 10% power and torque back. I did find a couple of threads, where people were talking about the HMF and the EVO, but no follow ups or reviews. The lil rig does great, but would really like to put a custom exhaust on it. Im not above building a custom exhaust, but researching the options before going down that road. Thanks.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Well.....the aftermarket exhausts for the pioneer dont really give u performance much. Its mostly about being BA and sounding good lol. Ive had an HMF qs for about 4 years. It looks good and sounds good. At times it can be defining loud especially with Hard roof on and certain rpms. Otherwise i like it. If you want performance you might want to look at a tune to go with your exhaust.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The only specific item I remember is an aftermarket tip for the factory muffler. I did that to my P1K and it just deepened the tone. I don't hunt either but didn't want loud. @Mudwing is a P700 expert, he might know of one.

Guiltygypsy

Guiltygypsy

Feb 7, 2020
New Tazewell, Tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
By default, there has to be some sort of gain, just by letting it exhale a little better. I'm not expecting anything significant from gains. I do like the sound signature a lot better than the stock "putter". Did you have to tune for the HMF, or is it plug and play?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Don't think there's any slip on for the 700. Couldn't find one for the P5 either so ended up doing a custom job with an HMF. Definitely opened it up a bit along with a K&N air filter. Sounds much better. Can't speak to the performance gained as I installed a Dobeck at the same time. All in I've noticed better midrange power and everything runs cooler.

Guiltygypsy

Guiltygypsy

Feb 7, 2020
New Tazewell, Tn
Ownership

1. 700-4
It would appear that I am going to go with the Big Gun EVO and a tuner. It is the last thing on the list for mods. Do not care anything about tuning for anything other than knowing the fuel ratio/air is right. Last thing I want to do is burn a hole in a piston just for the pipe. The tuner will also monitor and report other functions of the bike like the O2 censors and such. Its a bit more than I wanted to spend on the mod, but Id rather do it right than end up costing 3x that not doing right, we all been there.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
The only specific item I remember is an aftermarket tip for the factory muffler. I did that to my P1K and it just deepened the tone. I don't hunt either but didn't want loud. @Mudwing is a P700 expert, he might know of one.
I prefer stock exhaust. The riding parks measure the decibels of your machine to keep you under the legal sound level. That’s why I’ll stay stock. Sidebar: I’m just an avid fan. 🤣😎

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
By default, there has to be some sort of gain, just by letting it exhale a little better. I'm not expecting anything significant from gains. I do like the sound signature a lot better than the stock "putter". Did you have to tune for the HMF, or is it plug and play?
No tune needed for HMF

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!