P1000_DLux

Its Only an Opinion Relax
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 17, 2020
Belfair, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I live in the PNW and we have rain which = puddles which are more like small lakes and some are decently deep. I don't try to submerge my machine but I will blast through puddles on the regular. Reading through many different forum posts I have seen spotty posts on mods for extending the vent lines and there have been some pictures.

What has happened to your machine when you have gone through water without extended vent lines?
What is the best version of extended vent lines? (Cleanest looking if possible pictures please)

It just seems weird that this machine would have issues with water up to a certain point.

Reactions: Isaiah
Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll read everywhere that they say it's just cheap insurance. I haven't done it I have a 2018 and have driven through some seat level water. Haven't had any problems

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The fuel tank and sub trans vents terminate under the seat. Its an easy place for water contamination. More than a few members have contaminated their fuel just from pressure washing. the differentials, shift box, and fan motor all terminate in the frame rails. if your not into deep mud, your probably OK not doing these. Most people do them all. i myself just di the fuel tank and the sub trans. I don"t do deep water or mud. The vent kits are available on Ebay and are made up by a fellow forum member. They are high quality. He sells them with and without filters. get the filters.

H

HondaTech

The fuel tank and sub trans vent into the under seat rail.

On 2016 models Honda realized the drain holes for the seat rail weren't large enough to drain properly and could dump water into the fuel tank and sub trans.

I think it all stemmed from that. The rear diff vents into the platic tray under the bed, so it's pretty low as well.

Reactions: TripleB
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
At the very least. Move your fuel tank vent to a higher location.

Reactions: BigOL3 and TripleB
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought the kit from @buyouownbeer, he is a member here and sells on ebay, I did all the vent lines, I’m not looking to submarine my buggy but hit a puddle the wrong way, or it’s deeper than you thought you now have a 20K machine hydro locked or transmission or shift box messed up don’t know what the cost is to repair/replace any of those components and ain’t in no hurry to find out. $38 bucks and an hour or so of time = cheap insurance. JMO.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Here's why.... This was about 12" deep when I came across it earlier in the day. Idled into it at the end of the night and it was damn near nipple deep and flipped me. I don't submarine mine either, but you never know and it's way too easy to do the preventative work before it happens.

IMG 2981

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's why.... This was about 12" deep when I came across it earlier in the day. Idled into it at the end of the night and it was damn near nipple deep and flipped me. I don't submarine mine either, but you never know and it's way too easy to do the preventative work before it happens.

View attachment 208965
EGG SACKLEY THIS👆👆👆👆👆👆

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Send me email for 10% off for club members. [email protected]

Vent extension kit without filters recommended for 5 seater. Filters not needed your preference. Simple hour install. Great piece of mind knowing your covered. This includes 2-3 day next day shipping. Instructions included.

“The Original” Honda Pioneer 1000/700/500 Vent Ext. Kit Honda Talon Compatible. | eBay

With filters recommended for 3 seaters unless you drill three 1/4” holes to put the ends of the tubing into. If you don’t mud you can use the kit without filters and simply turn the ends down 90 degrees.

“The Original” Honda Pioneer 1000/700/500 Vent Ext. Kit. Honda Talon Compatible. | eBay

Reactions: CID
T

T-County

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CRAP THERE'S MORE TO VENT? I got the snorkel for Pioneer 1000-5 and it has the hose for def and fan. How many other things need venting? Thought I was CYA'in myself

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CRAP THERE'S MORE TO VENT? I got the snorkel for Pioneer 1000-5 and it has the hose for def and fan. How many other things need venting? Thought I was CYA'in myself
There are 6 total. Fan, front diff, fuel, sub transmission, rear diff and shift box. Fuel and sub trans are most important and lowest ones in the machine.

T

T-County

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2020
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking for more information regarding the what you posted. thought I was covered and I bought My snorkel from the same place I bought my SXS. Get a chance, return my call. if not, I understand

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was looking for more information regarding the what you posted. thought I was covered and I bought My snorkel from the same place I bought my SXS. Get a chance, return my call. if not, I understand
Will do in a bit thanks

P1000_DLux

P1000_DLux

Its Only an Opinion Relax
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 17, 2020
Belfair, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Alright I'm going to buy the kit...couple of questions

1) for Bayouownbeer...I sent you an e-mail, also which kit has all the vent lines and the heat shield? (With filters) (LINK)
2) Where do these dead end at? (It seems as if the above picture depending on where it dead ends at would not help.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Alright I'm going to buy the kit...couple of questions

1) for Bayouownbeer...I sent you an e-mail, also which kit has all the vent lines and the heat shield? (With filters) (LINK)
2) Where do these dead end at? (It seems as if the above picture depending on where it dead ends at would not help.
Got your email text me will get you hooked up. 9-8-5. 6-3-7. 1-7-9-0

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!