P1000 Vent Line upgrade

L

LJSXS

Nov 27, 2019
Springdale Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi All! So I’ve been reading about the vent lines needing to be re routed and especially the fuel tank line. My question is does my 2019 year model need this done? I read somewhere that it was 2016-2017 models. Just double checking and If I need to do it on my 19 model. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Isaiah
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi,
As for water entry from rain into the fuel tank. That is now an issue of the past. It was corrected with additional frame drain holes somewhere around the 17/18 YM's.

HOWEVER.
I recommend that if you have any plans to be in a mud hole or even cross a creek floorboard deep you vent the fuel tank. Too many issues where people "never planed" to be seat deep are left stranded with a fuel tank full of water because it sucked it in. I would really only recommend the fuel tank and sub trans at very least since they are both right there under the seat and considered critical. The other vents are not.

Here is a post I made long ago showing why fuel tanks get full of water so fast.
Multi - PSA - Fuel tank breather hose - IMPORTANT modification for ALL!

Last edited:
L

LJSXS

Nov 27, 2019
Springdale Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi,
As for water entry from rain into the fuel tank. That is now an issue of the past. It was corrected with additional frame drain holes somewhere around the 17/18 YM's.

HOWEVER.
I recommend that if you have any plans to be in a mud hole or even cross a creek floorboard deep you vent the fuel tank. Too many issues where people "never planed" to be seat deep are left stranded with a fuel tank full of water because it sucked it in. I would really only recommend the fuel tank and sub trans at very least since they are both right there under the seat. The other vents are not considered critical.

Here is a post I made long ago showing why fuel tanks get full of water so fast.
Thank you so much! I will get it done!

Reactions: Isaiah and JTW
J

JTW

Hi,

HOWEVER.
I recommend that if you have any plans to be in a mud hole or even cross a creek floorboard deep you vent the fuel tank. Too many issues where people "never planed" to be seat deep are left stranded with a fuel tank full of water because it sucked it in. I would really only recommend the fuel tank and sub trans at very least since they are both right there under the seat. The other vents are not considered critical.

This is good info!

Reactions: Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!