P1000 Fabric Mid Panel/Hard Roof Gap?

W

wbyman22

Apr 30, 2017
WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just finished installing a soft Honda mid panel and full Hard roof on my P 1-5 along with 2 piece hard coat windshield. Any of you guys running the same set up? Just curious on the gap between top of mid panel and roof? Driving down the road there is quite a vacuum and the wind somehow swirls around and blows a lot of air into cab area from that gap, concerned that when it gets good and dry, that gap will carry a lot of dust with it? Anybody block that gap with anything in particular that worked well?

Reactions: Isaiah
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just finished installing a soft Honda mid panel and full Hard roof on my P 1-5 along with 2 piece hard coat windshield. Any of you guys running the same set up? Just curious on the gap between top of mid panel and roof? Driving down the road there is quite a vacuum and the wind somehow swirls around and blows a lot of air into cab area from that gap, concerned that when it gets good and dry, that gap will carry a lot of dust with it? Anybody block that gap with anything in particular that worked well?

Pool noodle.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
2nd on the pool noodle! Also if you can find a bigger dia. Foam pipe insulation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weelad

weelad

Sep 9, 2019
West Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cant believe the air rushing over the rop bar so took advise from above and ordered 3.5 inch foam to fill the gap. Had to trim some on the outsides as the foam was hard but seals up nice and is waterproof for washing inside
NOODL

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!