Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone looked into changing out the hook on their winch to something along the lines of ProLink XTV – Factor 55

I am getting tired of the latch on my winch hook constantly bending and fighting with it to remove shackles.
The only downside I see to going with one of their UTV rated models, is all my shackles will need to be replaced. The hole diameter is smaller. This isn't a deal breaker for me, I hope to buy some 5/15 or 3/8 dyneema line and make my own soft shackles.

So, in the end, would you upgrade your hook to one of their products? Or is it just "bling" to you?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Another place to hang em nutz
And exspensive....
Just use shackle and hockey puck or dog toy"kong"
It's does look sweet new

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really like the Factor 55 design but I've never read a real world review and I havent justified this price to myself with just a photo. I did lose 2 shackles and a hook on my last ride though... Doh.

C

Chooglin

Dog toy "Kong"
Screenshot 2017 08 15 13 24 11

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Hondasxs
Hit them up as a potential sponsor for next year?

I have a line saver on my winch currently. Just tired of fighting the latch on my hook everytime I use it.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I got tired of that as well. Switched to warn premium 92089 and haven't had issues yet with it

Reactions: Neohio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!