factory aux switch panel

G

GulfCoast

Oct 8, 2013
Does anyone have a pic of the honda factory aux accessory switch panel installed? I would like to see where it goes before I buy one or "make other arrangements."

Thanks!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382457699.526604.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382457699.526604.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 683
G

GulfCoast

Oct 8, 2013
Thanks. So, its essentially over the glove box?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes there is an open area Honda calls the glove box you drill a few holes and the wire goes out the back. Down to the existing fuse panel under the hood and I think to the battery. You still have the closable compartment under it.

I didn't like the fact I had to reach to the other side of the dash to reach the switches or see the voltmeter or that there was only room for 4 switches. I figured I'd have to add something somewhere else for more switches anyway so I came up with my own solution that was easier to reach.

Just different ways to skin a cat.

G

GulfCoast

Oct 8, 2013
I don't like the factory set up worth a hoot. But, I have zero skills in modifications. Hmmmmmmm.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not as hard as you think, I can walk you through most of it. It's really the initial design that took most of my effort. PM me if you want.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
I've had the factory model on oder since late Aug. I my plate from ohannacreek today and will cancel the factory model tomorrow.

G

GulfCoast

Oct 8, 2013
Oh wow. I am afraid I will destroy the dashboard or worse if I go to messing with it. But I am already miffed at the "winch wait" so I don't relish another long wait on a part. I am surprised Honda is not more prepared with the accessories. They are losing money when folks go non-Honda for accessories.

J

Jaykup20

Oct 8, 2013
GulfCoast said:
Oh wow. I am afraid I will destroy the dashboard or worse if I go to messing with it. But I am already miffed at the "winch wait" so I don't relish another long wait on a part. I am surprised Honda is not more prepared with the accessories. They are losing money when folks go non-Honda for accessories.

I agree, they deff dropped the ball on accessories......maybe we can all hope they are working on their new sport SXS.....lol..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!