P1000 Factory Heat Fix

Jbird

Jbird

Jan 6, 2016
Mena, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can anyone tell me what parts and modifications are included in this fix? I had it performed by my Honda dealer and I am not sure everything was done. One thing is for sure, the improvement is negligible.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can anyone tell me what parts and modifications are included in this fix? I had it performed by my Honda dealer and I am not sure everything was done. One thing is for sure, the improvement is negligible.
I haven't had the Honda fix done because I've read that others have the same findings that you have, so I can't help you there. What I, and many other members have done is, use an insulated foil backed heat shield available from a retailer such as Summit Racing and make your own one piece shield that goes from the front edge of the seat bottom, behind the black plastic seat space cover and then up to the top of the seat backrest. If I remember, I think the only holes (slits) are for the seatbelts, the two front locator pins and the center seat latch. You'll still feel some radiant heat but it completely stops the hot air from sucking up through the engine area.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I haven't had the Honda fix done because I've read that others have the same findings that you have, so I can't help you there. What I, and many other members have done is, use an insulated foil backed heat shield available from a retailer such as Summit Racing and make your own one piece shield that goes from the front edge of the seat bottom, behind the black plastic seat space cover and then up to the top of the seat backrest. If I remember, I think the only holes (slits) are for the seatbelts, the two front locator pins and the center seat latch. You'll still feel some radiant heat but it completely stops the hot air from sucking up through the engine area.
Been there done all that stuff, only answer is a fan! Which I need to do!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Reactions: 0860silverado
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Go to lowes and buy this. Take the seat bottom and back off. Run one continuous piece across the machine with it flush to the front of the seat and wrapping up the back. Cut around the seatbelts and put the seats back. Oh can ride with no fan and it's made a huge difference.

Shop Reflectix 100-sq ft Reflective Roll Insulation (48-in W x 25-ft L) at Lowes.com

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thats what I used, but when it's really hot, it's hot in the cab, it does help a lot but not enough on really hot days. The heat comes up between the back of the seat and front of the bed. I'm going the fan route in addition, got to get this done before Bear Creek get together.

Reactions: RedFred1
RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had the seat heat fix done when I got the clutch and fuel system recalls done. Seems that the rubber sheet material is their go to. I noticed no difference but I did my 7" fan install already so it was already much better. If I get the time, I may add the bubble-type insulation just for grins.

The guys at the dealership were well impressed with the mods I made... dual battery, vent relocation, switch panel, lights, etc... with insight from you all. Appreciate it!

FredD

Reactions: Smitty335
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I had the seat heat fix done when I got the clutch and fuel system recalls done. Seems that the rubber sheet material is their go to. I noticed no difference but I did my 7" fan install already so it was already much better. If I get the time, I may add the bubble-type insulation just for grins.

The guys at the dealership were well impressed with the mods I made... dual battery, vent relocation, switch panel, lights, etc... with insight from you all. Appreciate it!

FredD
Fuel system recall!!?? Was that VIN specific?

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Fuel system recall!!?? Was that VIN specific?

I meant this one...

CPSC RECALL NUMBER: null
Campaign Description: 16-18 SXS10 THROTTLE BODY RCLL
mfr campaign id: KJ6
recall date:
recall status: VIN/HIN Required
Summary:

PIONEER 1000 THROTTLE BODY MIS-INSTALLED

SAFETY RISK:
ON CERTAIN VEHICLES, THE THROTTLE BODY ASSEMBLY WAS NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY TO THE INTAKE TUBE. IF THE THROTTLE BODY BECOMES DETACHED FROM THE INTAKE TUBE, THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR FIRE.

REMEDY:
CALL ANY AUTHORIZED HONDA POWERSPORTS DEALER AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO HAVE THE THROTTLE BODY INSPECTED AND IF NEEDED, CORRECTLY INSTALLED, FREE OF CHARGE. INSPECTION AND REPAIR OF THE THROTTLE BODY WILL TAKE APPROXIMATELY 18 MINUTES TO COMPLETE. PLEASE ASK YOUR HONDA DEALER FOR THE SPECIFIC TIME YOUR SIDE BY SIDE WILL NEED TO STAY AT THE DEALERSHIP WHEN MAKING AN APPOINTMENT FOR THIS RECALL REPAIR. SHOULD YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS RECALL OR NEED ASSISTANCE LOCATING AN AUTHORIZED HONDA POWERSPORTS DEALER, YOU MAY CALL HONDA POWERSPORTS CUSTOMER SUPPORT: 1-866-784-1870 OR USE THE FIND A DEALER OPTION ON WWW.POWERSPORTS.HONDA.COM

Read more at Recall Information - Honda Powersports

FredD

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I meant this one...

CPSC RECALL NUMBER: null
Campaign Description: 16-18 SXS10 THROTTLE BODY RCLL
mfr campaign id: KJ6
recall date:
recall status: VIN/HIN Required
Summary:

PIONEER 1000 THROTTLE BODY MIS-INSTALLED

SAFETY RISK:
ON CERTAIN VEHICLES, THE THROTTLE BODY ASSEMBLY WAS NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY TO THE INTAKE TUBE. IF THE THROTTLE BODY BECOMES DETACHED FROM THE INTAKE TUBE, THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR FIRE.

REMEDY:
CALL ANY AUTHORIZED HONDA POWERSPORTS DEALER AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO HAVE THE THROTTLE BODY INSPECTED AND IF NEEDED, CORRECTLY INSTALLED, FREE OF CHARGE. INSPECTION AND REPAIR OF THE THROTTLE BODY WILL TAKE APPROXIMATELY 18 MINUTES TO COMPLETE. PLEASE ASK YOUR HONDA DEALER FOR THE SPECIFIC TIME YOUR SIDE BY SIDE WILL NEED TO STAY AT THE DEALERSHIP WHEN MAKING AN APPOINTMENT FOR THIS RECALL REPAIR. SHOULD YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS RECALL OR NEED ASSISTANCE LOCATING AN AUTHORIZED HONDA POWERSPORTS DEALER, YOU MAY CALL HONDA POWERSPORTS CUSTOMER SUPPORT: 1-866-784-1870 OR USE THE FIND A DEALER OPTION ON WWW.POWERSPORTS.HONDA.COM

Read more at Recall Information - Honda Powersports

FredD
Oh ok, that one. Thank you RF.

advertisement
H

HondaTech

Hondas Heat Kit consist of multiple parts.

Only 3 will be visible without removing the panel between the upper and lower seats.

The 1st (and easiest) will be the small rubber pad glued to the panel between the seats. The 2nd one will require lifting the bed, look at the back of the upper seat around the air cleaner cover. There should be rubber sheet that covers the back of the middle panel and is attached with two loops on the cross bar. The 3rd will be the rubber seal attached to the top of the middle panel, which will be visible after the bed is lifted as well.

You can also look at the middle panel and see check for body clips that have been added, 1 under the rubber flap covering the drivers side seat buckles. It'll will near the top middle of the opening surrounding those buckles. There are then 4 more of these clips near the top of the middle panel as well

Like many have stated, its not really a big help. The most it does is to keep steam from coming up under the seat when you splash though water. It's more or less a lawsuit protector, hence the reason its not called a "recall".

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!