P500 Fender Flares and Extenders, Mud Flaps

Raghorn

Raghorn

Aug 26, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I am considering doing some DIY fender flares/extensions and possibly mudflaps. I have searched around to see that some of you have done DIY versions, but cannot find if you guys have shared any in-depth information on how you made them.

I'm from Idaho, so the terrain isn't swampy, but where I have installed spacers, I want to control (the best I can) what mud, water, and dust I am now going to kick up.

Any advice, threads, or other useful info? TIA

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Check the post ( P500 Mud Flaps ) I have a post along with original poster. A couple methods to view.
20201114 111440

Upstater

Upstater

Nov 13, 2018
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 500
I am currently waiting on a set of Mudbusters for the front only as they seem to be the coverage/fit I want with my wheels and tires, although a bit pricey. I also just received a set of Pacer Flexy Flares to try and make work for the rear. I bought the heavy duty no-lip model based on the rear plastics of the p5. I'm hoping to trim a bit (maybe 1/2) off of the flat portion once I figure out which hardware makes the most sense. I'm going back and forth between bolts/self tappers/honda plastic rivets. They make quite a few different models but I thought the no-lip was the only one that made sense without modifying the fender plastic first for an underneath attachment. I will let you know how they come out once I decide on hardware.

Raghorn

Raghorn

Aug 26, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I am currently waiting on a set of Mudbusters for the front only as they seem to be the coverage/fit I want with my wheels and tires, although a bit pricey. I also just received a set of Pacer Flexy Flares to try and make work for the rear. I bought the heavy duty no-lip model based on the rear plastics of the p5. I'm hoping to trim a bit (maybe 1/2) off of the flat portion once I figure out which hardware makes the most sense. I'm going back and forth between bolts/self tappers/honda plastic rivets. They make quite a few different models but I thought the no-lip was the only one that made sense without modifying the fender plastic first for an underneath attachment. I will let you know how they come out once I decide on hardware.
Awesome, keep us posted!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I installed the Pacer's on mine yrs ago and remember those rear fenders were a b****! They work and form easily to subtle radius', not so much on a tight bend.

Reactions: Raghorn
Upstater

Upstater

Nov 13, 2018
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 500
I installed the Pacer's on mine yrs ago and remember those rear fenders were a b****! They work and form easily to subtle radius', not so much on a tight bend.

Trigger, did you end up getting them on and leaving them for a while? What fastener did you find to work best?

Do you run anything for a rear fender now?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Trigger, did you end up getting them on and leaving them for a while? What fastener did you find to work best?

Do you run anything for a rear fender now?

They're still on my machine. I used the lip type, just lifted the flare portion up drilled and used small nuts and bolts to fasten to the fender. Again, getting them to form to the angles of the rear fender was a pita. At the very back you're trying to make two angles with something that is set up for being radius. Ultimately it can be done but came with some cussing.

Upstater

Upstater

Nov 13, 2018
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 500
They're still on my machine. I used the lip type, just lifted the flare portion up drilled and used small nuts and bolts to fasten to the fender. Again, getting them to form to the angles of the rear fender was a pita. At the very back you're trying to make two angles with something that is set up for being radius. Ultimately it can be done but came with some cussing.

Do you have a pic you could load up?

Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!