Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I know some folks are using the standard Honda 80 wt gear oil
Some folks using the 80W/90 gear oil
Seems like a lot of folks using 75W/140

I like in Arkansas, so not so cold most of the time. I know some folks are using the non OEM weight oil for noise reduction. And a lot of folks running synthetic.
There also seems to be some confusion if it has to be HYPOID gear oil or not.

Can anyone give me recommendations on weight and maybe even brand. I have Bel Ray 75W 90 synthetic in my tool chest but maybe I should re-think that to the 75W 140.....:confused:

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
What you have should be fine I don't see why you would need anything over 90w even if you holding it to the floor everywhere you go you still only 45 miles hour

Reactions: Deluxe700
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I know some folks are using the standard Honda 80 wt gear oil
Some folks using the 80W/90 gear oil
Seems like a lot of folks using 75W/140

I like in Arkansas, so not so cold most of the time. I know some folks are using the non OEM weight oil for noise reduction. And a lot of folks running synthetic.
There also seems to be some confusion if it has to be HYPOID gear oil or not.

Can anyone give me recommendations on weight and maybe even brand. I have Bel Ray 75W 90 synthetic in my tool chest but maybe I should re-think that to the 75W 140.....:confused:

For noise reduction I used some Lucas additive in standard 80-90. It worked good.

I got burnt trying to use that expensive oil because every time I get water in it, it cost me $20 to change it. I have since fixed my issues with water entry but I still haven't switched from standard oil.

Reactions: Deluxe700

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!