BOX1

P500 Finally got me some wheels and tires

H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
Lil red somewhere there is a difference in weight that I made between stock and bh2.0 s on stock wheels. I also run 26x9 on stock wheels with 1 1/2” spacers and have outside dimensions.

Reactions: rtn001
gmacaluso

gmacaluso

Sep 16, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Lil red somewhere there is a difference in weight that I made between stock and bh2.0 s on stock wheels. I also run 26x9 on stock wheels with 1 1/2” spacers and have outside dimensions.
Husker!, ... thanks for the shoutout. So you run 26X9 on all four corners? Did you consider a wider back set? Why did you choose the BH's? What are you at width wise front and back?

GBR.

Lil Red

H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
The big horn 2.0 are lighter than the original big horns. I didn’t want to turn any more weight than I had to and Trigger has had great luck with his. I just thought that two nines equaled the same sq inches foot print as the stocks. I have 1 1/2 spacers so stance is already wider. Let me find my post andill get you widths and differences in poundages.

H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
Found my post. Big Horn 2.0. 26 x9 x12. With 1 1/2” spacers and stock wheels front and rear. Front 52 1/2 “ rear 52”. 25 3/4” true height with 8# air. 30# more than stock for all 4 wheels and tires.

Last edited:
Reactions: gmacaluso
gmacaluso

gmacaluso

Sep 16, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Husker, weight and width-add is obviously the concern and so I assume with the lighter profile of 2.0's you managed that nicely. 52.5" would seem very manageable for the trails I see and ride. I don't understand the difference between the effect of spacers and wheel offsets but assume you didn't change offset when adding the spacers. It is just very clear (although the stocks survived the trials), something with a more agressive and tougher construction/tread on a slightly wider base plus additional travel without adding much weight would be very helpful in Colorado.

Appreciate the specification detail ... you obviously like your setup, yes? Do you know why others choose/prefer wider back tires?

As for our team(s) ... the ice age will end, just hope its soon.

GBR

Lil Red

Reactions: Husker1
H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Husker, weight and width-add is obviously the concern and so I assume with the lighter profile of 2.0's you managed that nicely. 52.5" would seem very manageable for the trails I see and ride. I don't understand the difference between the effect of spacers and wheel offsets but assume you didn't change offset when adding the spacers. It is just very clear (although the stocks survived the trials), something with a more agressive and tougher construction/tread on a slightly wider base plus additional travel without adding much weight would be very helpful in Colorado.

Appreciate the specification detail ... you obviously like your setup, yes? Do you know why others choose/prefer wider back tires?

As for our team(s) ... the ice age will end, just hope its soon.

GBR

Lil Red
I stayed with the stock steel wheels just thought a little wider couldn’t hurt so I added the spacers. Love tires they hold great and ride better. They will work good in Colorado. I’m going to try and make the Colorado ride this summer. I would like to use 50” trails but don’t know how tight the trails gates are.

gmacaluso

gmacaluso

Sep 16, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Husker,

I'll keep the stocks as well. Let me know if you come out ... maybe we could tandem-up.

Red

Reactions: Husker1
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!