BOX1

Finally took the new tires off-road. Impressed!

P

PNWGuy

I installed a set of Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires that ordered online from WalMart for about $600 shipped to my door.

I've had them on a couple of months but haven't been in the woods with them other than an elk hunt. Had some greasy mud on the way to camp, but I was pulling a trailer and really couldn't put them through their paces, but they did seem to be gripping well.

Today, I went into the woods to hike a little and let my dog get some quality outdoors time in. I went up a road that was very muddy and was a mild offroad trail.

I had to turn the A-Trac off and leave it in 2wd to get them to spin. The performance in the high clay content mud out here was impressive!

I went everywhere I needed to go in 2wd. I put it in 4wd to try and get them to throw mud all over the rig, but they just gripped like crazy. Didn't even air down. I was running 45 psi and they did great.

Drove down an old skid trail that was mostly wet grass and they didn't slip a bit. Very impressed with this budget tire.

IMG 20191119 125120177 HDR

IMG 20191119 125714247 HDR

IMG 20191119 125806050 HDR

IMG 20191119 130717772 HDR

They did well in light snow last week, but can't wait to try them out in some serious snow soon.

IMG 20191029 135453471 HDR

So far, I'm really impressed with the traction of these tires. They are billed as an aggressive AT but have a bit of a hum and ride pretty harsh due to being E-rated tires at 45 psi.

IMG 20190919 155231184 HDR

J

JTW

10-ply E-rated. They are a bit rough riding on my little 4Runner.
Hummmm.... I’ve been looking for a good 8-10 ply for my f150 when towing. And Id like something a little more aggressive than the standard road tire. And something to get me 50k miles of life.

S

saw1

Apr 17, 2018
Fallon, Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hummmm.... I’ve been looking for a good 8-10 ply for my f150 when towing. And Id like something a little more aggressive than the standard road tire. And something to get me 50k miles of life.
Try General Grabber AT/x, 8 ply, quiet and great on and off-road. I run them on a 2015 Ram 1500, 275/60 x 20.

Reactions: JTW
R

rickoshea

my 2500 ram had brand new goodyear wranglers. i tried to get the dealer to swap them before i bought it.as soon as i started the test drive i knew they were going to be garbage. worst tires i've ever had.brand new tire shredded 70 kilometers down a dirt road in the middle of nowhere.drove 6 hours to the nearest city and back to our campsite to replace them with nitto ridge grapplers.i hope you have better luck.i have general grabbers i use for winter use.

Reactions: Plumber32
P

PNWGuy

my 2500 ram had brand new goodyear wranglers. i tried to get the dealer to swap them before i bought it.as soon as i started the test drive i knew they were going to be garbage. worst tires i've ever had.brand new tire shredded 70 kilometers down a dirt road in the middle of nowhere.drove 6 hours to the nearest city and back to our campsite to replace them with nitto ridge grapplers.i hope you have better luck.i have general grabbers i use for winter use.
Well, I'm sure you realize that there are 16 different varieties of Goodyear "Wranglers" and they are all different tires with different construction.

My 2014 Ram 1500 came with Goodyear Wrangler SR-A tires and they were garbage. My last set of tires were Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. Not a bad tire at all.

Which specific Goodyear Wrangler did you have an issue with?

R

rickoshea

Well, I'm sure you realize that there are 16 different varieties of Goodyear "Wranglers" and they are all different tires with different construction.

My 2014 Ram 1500 came with Goodyear Wrangler SR-A tires and they were garbage. My last set of tires were Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. Not a bad tire at all.

Which specific Goodyear Wrangler did you have an issue with?
duratracs. i'm on my 8th truck with an average of 3 sets per.i've been through alot of different brands of tires.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!