Bearskinner

Apr 3, 2023
N. Idaho
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. Talon R LV

4. w/Turbo
what is the best way to find a new model Talon, and what dealer they have been or are being shipped to?
I would like to get the 1000R4, when it becomes available, to use this fall/ winter if they actually come out by then……
I don’t mind running around a few states to find one.

M

mmjsport

Apr 23, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just contact your local dealer and request to be on a list to purchase one. My local dealer takes your name, deposit if needed, and adds you to their list. I put my name down for a 1000R-4 as well a long time ago in anticipation it finally gets released. Good dealers will give your deposit back if you cancel as well.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
If you do have to make deposit, make sure it is refundable and be prepared for delays. Dealers have limited say in what they get and when, and delivery dates often get pushed back. I would get your name in at several dealers and the one that gets first gets your $$$.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Everything that @Vondy said fo sho!
As for waiting for Honda to drop a new sxs 🤣 You’ll see the next coming of Christ before that! You’ll get 8 different announcements of bold new colors before you hear about anything new. Just get the 1000x4 build it the way you want then sell it when the day finally arrives in the next century for a new model. Also Dont believe everything you hear or read but on this site! ;)

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
You’ll get 8 different announcements of bold new colors before you hear about anything new.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Everything that @Vondy said fo sho!
As for waiting for Honda to drop a new sxs 🤣 You’ll see the next coming of Christ before that! You’ll get 8 different announcements of bold new colors before you hear about anything new. Just get the 1000x4 build it the way you want then sell it when the day finally arrives in the next century for a new model. Also Dont believe everything you hear or read but on this site! ;)
Its only money......

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
NEVER do business with ANY dealership that will not provide you with a fully refundable deposit.
In writing.

Please also note, dealers CANT normally "order" you a certain machine. They are for the most part allocated by Honda. They do sometimes have a list of what is potentially being sent, but it changes as delays occur. Also, PowerHouse dealers will be some of the first to receive new units.

I think I might pick up a 2023 (gen 2) Talon-4 myself. Now that the kids are old enough to go riding more.

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I found my new Talon by using the ATV Trader website in a few days after having a deposit at my local dealer for four months. As others have indicated, a dealer cant order a machine for you, they can only sell you what Honda allocates to them. I was told by my local dealer (who is a Tier 3 dealer) that the the top 5% Tier 1 dealers get 60% of the allocations, the other 95% of dealers get the remaining 40 %. I ended up getting my Talon from a Tier 1 dealer who was 525 miles away. He told me he sells about 350-400 machines a year. His pricing was cheaper than the quoted price by my local dealer by almost $1000, so it covered most of my travel expenses to pick it up. It was worth the drive.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!