BOX1

P1000 Fire Dept 2022 1000-5 Build

Jackson198

Jackson198

Oct 7, 2021
Santa Rosa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After a lot of work getting funding i'm excited to build a P1k-5 for my fire department to respond in our local mountain parks for emergencies. I'm looking forward to seeing this project finished but first have a lot of accessories to install. Most of which have already been covered in this forum by others. Before I begin I would like to thank all those who post detailed install threads. I've been reading them for a while and they have helped me make decisions on which accessories will best serve our expected needs for this machine.

The details:
2022 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe
FOX shock upgrade -dealer installed
Hard roof - dealer installed
Super ATV flip up windshield - dealer installed
Seizmik Pursuit Night vision Mirrors
Seizmik X10D bed extender
Super ATV High clearance rear A-Arms (waiting for them to mfg the fronts)
Whelen emergency lighting and siren
Baja Designs 20" OnX6 and S2 Pro lighting
Warn Axon 45-s winch with Factor 55 closed system accessories
Super ATV full plastic skid plate - dealer installed
Super ATV frame stiffener - dealer installed
Super ATV Heavy duty tie rods - dealer installed
Super ATV rear bumper with clevis - dealer installed
Super ATV nerf bars - dealer installed
Method 401 beadlock wheels 14x7
STI XComp ATR DOT rated tires 28"
Rugged Radios M1 radio with intercom system
Switch Pros RCR-Force-12 control pad
TruAm Dual battery isolator

That's the bulk of it. I'll have to fabricate a front bumper, a dash mounting plate for the radio, intercom, & SwitchPros pad. Also will need to build a patient basket/transport system and thinking about a basic overhead console/wire chase.

This is Day 1 pictures with new grippers installed
UTV 1

UTV 5

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You’ll need some kind of rack for all the medical/rescue equipment as well. AED, Oxygen bottles, bandages, backboard, as well as a shovel, axe, pry bars, rope, the list goes on and on.
I would suggest an overhead basket, but that will make you top heavy.
You need a deuce and a half, use the Pioneer as a scout/command vehicle.

Jackson198

Jackson198

Oct 7, 2021
Santa Rosa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You’ll need some kind of rack for all the medical/rescue equipment as well. AED, Oxygen bottles, bandages, backboard, as well as a shovel, axe, pry bars, rope, the list goes on and on.
I would suggest an overhead basket, but that will make you top heavy.
You need a deuce and a half, use the Pioneer as a scout/command vehicle.
The plan is to primarily have an EMS/Rescue setup with a quick change for any fire response. Inventory will be pretty lite just based on space and weight. 3 person crew with 2 in front and 1 in the right rear. The left seat folded will be where the patient will be transported in a stokes basket when needed. The plan for the tray is to have medical storage underneath. Also with the bed extender we'll have extra space.

CRob8348

CRob8348

Dec 12, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome aboard from another fireman. Our department doesn't use these, but I have used mine to burn pastures and such here in Kansas. I have a spray tank for mine that I really like. Nice looking rig!!

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from SD and a former FF.

you’ll need to do something with the electrical load….preferably a big agm battery under the seat that’s connected to a dual bank maintainer / charger when not in use.
You start using the winch and lights hard, you’ll be wishing real fast for a bigger auxiliary battery.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The plan is to primarily have an EMS/Rescue setup with a quick change for any fire response. Inventory will be pretty lite just based on space and weight. 3 person crew with 2 in front and 1 in the right rear. The left seat folded will be where the patient will be transported in a stokes basket when needed. The plan for the tray is to have medical storage underneath. Also with the bed extender we'll have extra space.
Royal Blue Rescue in TN has a nice rig with similar set up 👍
DSC 07252

Jackson198

Jackson198

Oct 7, 2021
Santa Rosa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update on progress. First I'll say I plan to do all the wiring runs and connections after the components are all installed to try to keep it really clean. This week I was able to get the bed extender, the rear and side scene lights (S2 Pros), the Whelen light bar, the Seizmik mirrors, and the Whelen rear lower warning lights installed. The back warning lights will double as turn signals. I've also relocated the headlight and transmission mode switches to the lower bank so that I can install the SwitchPros pad in that space. I need to say Thanks to the crew members that are assisting with some of the part installations.

UTV 14
UTV 13
UTV 12
UTV 8

Jackson198

Jackson198

Oct 7, 2021
Santa Rosa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks great so far. Will your tailgate close with the Seizmik extender installed?
I was able to get it to close but the bracket that attaches it to the tailgate is really tight against the side of the bed opening. I had to give it a few "taps" with a dead blow hammer to get it closed. Also, the reflective panel I attached to it keep the arms from fully collapsing but I don't see our department needing to close it very often so...

Jackson198

Jackson198

Oct 7, 2021
Santa Rosa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What you think about them super ATV rock sliders?
They appear to be built well but only attach in the front and middle. We'll see how they hold up. I think they look solid though. I really like the SuperATV skid plate. It's thick. I think it'll be a mud collector in the back. I'll have to figure out some sort of inner fender piece.

Jackson198

Jackson198

Oct 7, 2021
Santa Rosa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was able to get the Super ATV high clearance A-Arms installed in the back today. I took a shot of one installed against the factory for a comparison. I like the extra 1.5" setback. Subtle but noticable.

UTV 16
UTV 16

Last edited: