Fire Extinguisher questions

G

Gregra44

Feb 27, 2019
Northern Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Kidde metal valve (post recall) 5BC, Kidde metal bracket, friction tape and couple hose clamps. Protected from elements, within reach from either seat while belted and all for under $25.

20211013 093447

renosxs

renosxs

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2017
reno, nv
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Used some pipe clamps to hold it to the post, also have some aluminum tape to reduce the risk of the extinguisher release accidentally opening. So far no issues. Also take an extra one when we’re out shooting due to fire hazard.

C0275DD9 03B7 4A6A 8BD6 40AE6EC44512

Reactions: Squeegee and Rick53
D

Docwilles

Sep 30, 2020
McGill Nevada
Ownership

1. 700-4
I keep one in the same place as FeelinReckless, mounted on the back upright bar. My wife made me a pouch out of neoprene with Velcro attachments. I also keep one in my truck.

Reactions: Squeegee and Rick53
Sted1201

Sted1201

Jan 4, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Road Warriors,

How many of you keep a fire extinguisher in your Honda? How about your tow vehicle? Finally, do you also have one with/in your trailer?

If you keep one in your OHV, how and where do you mount it in the vehicle? Anything else you can add, please do.

Thanks in advance.

s/f Steve
One in the truck and definitely one on the pioneer. My second Polaris Ranger 900 burst into flames after a plug on the gas line came off and squirted gas all over the headers, flash fire! Watched helplessly as it burned to the ground. No injuries by only sheer luck. All my autos, boats, tractors, and UTVs have them now and readily available. They don’t do any good if you have to dig for them

80E0DE08 540B 4415 86D5 2FCFE7416037 3568F6B1 4595 42CC 8A89 14AE28CD3282

J

Jdh2971

Feb 23, 2019
Southeast Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Have one mounted in my Pioneer 1000, one in toolbox on 20 ft trailer and one in my pickup at all times.

Reactions: Squeegee
O

oldgasser

Feb 26, 2017
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Road Warriors,

How many of you keep a fire extinguisher in your Honda? How about your tow vehicle? Finally, do you also have one with/in your trailer?

If you keep one in your OHV, how and where do you mount it in the vehicle? Anything else you can add, please do.

Thanks in advance.

s/f Steve
The Element is the way to go. Jay Leno's garage has a demonstration video on YouTube. Because of industry politics they are not yet UL Approved but they work and they never need to be tested or recertified.

O

OldMan187

Dec 2, 2020
Louisville, KY
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Road Warriors,

Thanks in advance.

s/f Steve
I have 2 mounted on my Talon X4. I have one mounted on the rear roll cage for engine fires and another on the inside center roof roll bar between all 4 seats so anyone can reach it from inside and especially handy in case of a roll over. I also have a fire extinguisher, trauma kit and B.O.B. in every one of my daily driver vehicles.

20210927 155257 20211013 125937

jz3r9n

jz3r9n

Jun 16, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
If your buying new, or it’s time to replace an existing traditional style extinguisher, the Element is the ticket for size, longevity of discharge, lack of gauge or mechanicals to fail and indefinite shelf life, and it’s ability to work in damp environments. When it’s time, I’ll switch over….👍

Top right corner….
View attachment 299384
Yah, the Element looks pretty cool for convenience. However, compared to the traditional extinguisher they are a bit pricey. $60+ for a 1 time use. I could see having them as a supplemental, but not a replacement.

I

iloehr99

Feb 27, 2016
Southern Indiana
I keep one in my camper, truck, & sometimes in the sxs. I always keep one laying around the generator while it's running. Safety first when filling a running generator with fuel lol
I keep the small cans of Fireaid. It is awesome stuff. My brother does Pro UTV Racing and Southern Rock Racing series. They showed a demonstration at one of the races and I was sold on it. It's good for all types of fires. Pretty low pricing too.

https://www.amazon.com/FireAde-Fluorine-Free-Aerosol-Cans/dp/B07XZ9HS2C?tag=sxsweb24-20

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yah, the Element looks pretty cool for convenience. However, compared to the traditional extinguisher they are a bit pricey. $60+ for a 1 time use. I could see having them as a supplemental, but not a replacement.
They don't use anything messy or that will do further damage to your machine. They were designed for areas like network servers that you can't afford to get foamed or wet.

J

Jade

Nov 10, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Road Warriors,

Thanks in advance.

s/f Steve
I do not keep on in my Pioneer, but if I had a Polaris I would for sure, seen lots of them burst into flames. Was following a Razor as it burst into flames, the guy jumped out and put it out then continued driving like it was 'normal' also came up on a Ranger that was burning to the ground while everyone watched it.

I already haul around a lot of extra stuff, food, water, spare tire, jack, etc...beacon in case I get stranded in the middle of no where. thermal blankets and other emergency supplies. Probably 200 pounds of extra stuff, I don't want to really add more to it. Not sure I could find more room anyways, I have insurance I suppose in case but I've never seen a Pioneer on fire or burned down.

My extra stuff is more for myself and families survival than the machines, as we go so far in the backcountry, mountains or desert that it could take days to walk out.

I do keep one in my camping trailer though.

O

OldMan187

Dec 2, 2020
Louisville, KY
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I also have been considering mounting one of these under the rear cargo area directly above the engine on my Talon X4 for automatic fire suppression without having to worry about it. Has anyone used one of these?

Screenshot 20211013 142208 Chrome Screenshot 20211013 142722 Chrome Screenshot 20211013 142752 Chrome

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!