Fire Extinguisher

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I’m skeptical on the element extinguisher.
I think it would work great for a fire that has just started, where the flames are small, but from the videos I’ve seen show you have to get pretty close to the flame to put it out. I’ve been around quite a few fires over time, and I want an extinguisher that I can attack the fire from more of a distance. The videos I’ve seen show you getting your hand pretty close to the flames/base of the fire.
I love the fact that there’s no residue with them, but if I can’t put out the fire, it doesn’t matter.
the test videos are interesting - probably a reason you don't see the FD, 1st Responders at race tracks, etc. pull up to a burning car and pull out something that looks like a flair, take the top off, strike it and stand 3" from the fire and try to put it out - there is a reason for that...

Reactions: Smitty335 and Coeus

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!