Element brand Fire Extinguishers

O

oldgasser

Feb 26, 2017
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi All: I haven't yet seen any discussion about these so I thought I'd throw some information out there. These Element extinguishers are perfect for off road vehicles. They are about the same size as a road flare, less than 12" long and 1 1/4" diameter and they weigh less than a pound! When activated they give 50 seconds of discharge and leave no residue to clean up. 50 seconds doesn't sound like a long time until you realize that a 5# dry chemical fire extinguisher only gives around 12 seconds of continuous discharge. I now have one of these mounted on the frame rail above the drivers seat on my Pioneer 1000. There are several other advantages over conventional extinguishers. These are one time use only and never need to be reinspected or certified. They do not expire and should be good for the life of the vehicle. The one disadvantage is that they are not yet UL certified. The company says that so far they have not been able to get UL to commit to testing. I personally suspect that because I believe this product will revolutionize the fire extinguisher industry the industry has been pressuring UL not to test them. There are a number of you tube videos on line including one from Jay Leno's garage. In my opinion this product solves the everlasting problem about where to mount and carry a fire extinguisher on any vehicle (I also carry on in the drivers door pocket of my F250 diesel) as these weigh almost nothing and will mount nearly anywhere. Sorry to be so long winded but this is a product that I'm very enthusiastic about.

Element - Fire Extinguishers

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Pricy but a bad mammerjammer. Jay Leno has them in his garage.....so...

Reactions: Remington
Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi All: I haven't yet seen any discussion about these so I thought I'd throw some information out there. These Element extinguishers are perfect for off road vehicles. They are about the same size as a road flare, less than 12" long and 1 1/4" diameter and they weigh less than a pound! When activated they give 50 seconds of discharge and leave no residue to clean up. 50 seconds doesn't sound like a long time until you realize that a 5# dry chemical fire extinguisher only gives around 12 seconds of continuous discharge. I now have one of these mounted on the frame rail above the drivers seat on my Pioneer 1000. There are several other advantages over conventional extinguishers. These are one time use only and never need to be reinspected or certified. They do not expire and should be good for the life of the vehicle. The one disadvantage is that they are not yet UL certified. The company says that so far they have not been able to get UL to commit to testing. I personally suspect that because I believe this product will revolutionize the fire extinguisher industry the industry has been pressuring UL not to test them. There are a number of you tube videos on line including one from Jay Leno's garage. In my opinion this product solves the everlasting problem about where to mount and carry a fire extinguisher on any vehicle (I also carry on in the drivers door pocket of my F250 diesel) as these weigh almost nothing and will mount nearly anywhere. Sorry to be so long winded but this is a product that I'm very enthusiastic about.

Element - Fire Extinguishers
Just ordered one. Yes, the price is crazy but I think it is a smart thing to have. As financing allows I'll purchase a pair for her car and my truck too.

Right now I still need money for Pioneer accessories.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
what mounts do you all use? looks like they have several types. The roll cage mount is pricy.

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
what mounts do you all use? looks like they have several types. The roll cage mount is pricy.
Not sure yet I am calling Customer service tomorrow. I left a message tonight but they haven't called yet and even though it is California they don't seem to have real comprehensive customer service availability. It still isn't 5 pm yet there. I'll come up with something.

O

oldgasser

Feb 26, 2017
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure yet I am calling Customer service tomorrow. I left a message tonight but they haven't called yet and even though it is California they don't seem to have real comprehensive customer service availability. It still isn't 5 pm yet there. I'll come up with something.
It looks like they have a California phone number for USA but they are based in Canada and manufactured in Italy. I popped for their tube mount since I wanted a secure mount in the SxS. Bought a magnetic mount for the fridge, put one in the door pocket of the truck and used the included mount for the others. No more annual inspections although I still have CO2 units near the computer. The Element unit doesn't damage computers like a dry chemical will, same for an engine compartment.
Old Gasser

Reactions: Rick49274
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Thanks guys! Didn't even know this existed. Just bought one but also want to find a decent mount.

Rob

Reactions: Rick49274
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Here is where I put mine using the mount they make.
It did fall off one time and I lost it...
But I didnt have the little velcro strap that comes with it.
I have the velcro strap on it now.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!